USA: Deckers Reports Third Quarter Financial Results
Deckers Outdoor Corporation today announced that net sales increased to $19m versus $18.2m in the same period last year. Net loss for the quarter was $395,000 or ($0.04) per diluted share, compared to a net loss of $1,275,000, or ($0.14) per diluted share in the third quarter of 1999. For the nine months ended September 30, 2000, net sales increased to $88.9m versus $87.6m in the same period last year. Net earnings for the first nine months of fiscal 2000 rose 136 per cent to $6.2m, compared to net earnings of $2.6m last year, and fully-diluted earnings per share increased 120 per cent to $0.66 versus fully-diluted earnings per share of $0.30 in the first nine months of fiscal 1999. Douglas Otto, chairman & CEO said: "We are pleased to report our seventh consecutive quarter of year-over-year earnings improvement, which once again exceeded analyst expectations. Our improved results were fueled primarily by significant gross margin expansion, increased operating efficiencies and strong sales of our new Street Collection of our UGG line."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020