USA: Deckers Reports Third Quarter Financial Results
Deckers Outdoor Corporation today announced that net sales increased to $19m versus $18.2m in the same period last year. Net loss for the quarter was $395,000 or ($0.04) per diluted share, compared to a net loss of $1,275,000, or ($0.14) per diluted share in the third quarter of 1999. For the nine months ended September 30, 2000, net sales increased to $88.9m versus $87.6m in the same period last year. Net earnings for the first nine months of fiscal 2000 rose 136 per cent to $6.2m, compared to net earnings of $2.6m last year, and fully-diluted earnings per share increased 120 per cent to $0.66 versus fully-diluted earnings per share of $0.30 in the first nine months of fiscal 1999. Douglas Otto, chairman & CEO said: "We are pleased to report our seventh consecutive quarter of year-over-year earnings improvement, which once again exceeded analyst expectations. Our improved results were fueled primarily by significant gross margin expansion, increased operating efficiencies and strong sales of our new Street Collection of our UGG line."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts