USA: Deckers Reports Third Quarter Financial Results
Deckers Outdoor Corporation today announced that net sales increased to $19m versus $18.2m in the same period last year. Net loss for the quarter was $395,000 or ($0.04) per diluted share, compared to a net loss of $1,275,000, or ($0.14) per diluted share in the third quarter of 1999. For the nine months ended September 30, 2000, net sales increased to $88.9m versus $87.6m in the same period last year. Net earnings for the first nine months of fiscal 2000 rose 136 per cent to $6.2m, compared to net earnings of $2.6m last year, and fully-diluted earnings per share increased 120 per cent to $0.66 versus fully-diluted earnings per share of $0.30 in the first nine months of fiscal 1999. Douglas Otto, chairman & CEO said: "We are pleased to report our seventh consecutive quarter of year-over-year earnings improvement, which once again exceeded analyst expectations. Our improved results were fueled primarily by significant gross margin expansion, increased operating efficiencies and strong sales of our new Street Collection of our UGG line."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack