USA: Deckers Reports Third Quarter Financial Results
Deckers Outdoor Corporation today announced that net sales increased to $19m versus $18.2m in the same period last year. Net loss for the quarter was $395,000 or ($0.04) per diluted share, compared to a net loss of $1,275,000, or ($0.14) per diluted share in the third quarter of 1999. For the nine months ended September 30, 2000, net sales increased to $88.9m versus $87.6m in the same period last year. Net earnings for the first nine months of fiscal 2000 rose 136 per cent to $6.2m, compared to net earnings of $2.6m last year, and fully-diluted earnings per share increased 120 per cent to $0.66 versus fully-diluted earnings per share of $0.30 in the first nine months of fiscal 1999. Douglas Otto, chairman & CEO said: "We are pleased to report our seventh consecutive quarter of year-over-year earnings improvement, which once again exceeded analyst expectations. Our improved results were fueled primarily by significant gross margin expansion, increased operating efficiencies and strong sales of our new Street Collection of our UGG line."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016