USA: Deckers Reports Third Quarter Financial Results
Deckers Outdoor Corporation today announced that net sales increased to $19m versus $18.2m in the same period last year. Net loss for the quarter was $395,000 or ($0.04) per diluted share, compared to a net loss of $1,275,000, or ($0.14) per diluted share in the third quarter of 1999. For the nine months ended September 30, 2000, net sales increased to $88.9m versus $87.6m in the same period last year. Net earnings for the first nine months of fiscal 2000 rose 136 per cent to $6.2m, compared to net earnings of $2.6m last year, and fully-diluted earnings per share increased 120 per cent to $0.66 versus fully-diluted earnings per share of $0.30 in the first nine months of fiscal 1999. Douglas Otto, chairman & CEO said: "We are pleased to report our seventh consecutive quarter of year-over-year earnings improvement, which once again exceeded analyst expectations. Our improved results were fueled primarily by significant gross margin expansion, increased operating efficiencies and strong sales of our new Street Collection of our UGG line."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022