US: Deckers taps Urban Outfitters’ Murray as EMEA chief
Deckers Outdoor Corporation has named Stephen Murray as president of Europe, Middle East and Africa, overseeing subsidiary and distributor businesses which include the Ugg Australia, Teva, Tsubo and Simple Shoes brands.
Murray begins his new role on 1 June, and joins the Deckers management team from Urban Outfitters where he has served as the global president since April 2010.
Prior to this he was the president of VF Action Sports Coalition, responsible for the Vans and Reef brands, and was the president of Vans from July 2004 to January 2009 prior to its acquisition by VF.
“We have been searching for the ideal candidate for this role for quite some time,” said Deckers chairman, president and CEO Angel Martinez.
“In Steve Murray we have found the unique combination of footwear and lifestyle brand building and global expertise that we need at a time when our international business is poised for growth unlike anything we’ve seen in the past.”
Outdoor clothing company Patagonia Inc has hired Dmitri Siegel from Urban Outfitters as the company's new vice president of global e-commerce....
Emu Australia and Deckers Outdoor have reached a settlement in their long-running battle over the use of the word 'Ugg'....
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Cost biggest barrier to Bangladesh RMG remediation
- Bad sourcing blamed for pressure on retail margins
- Trump’s China tariff a self-serving sound-bite
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Ten key trends in apparel and footwear markets
- Bangladesh firm comes top in World Textile Awards
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Primark continues US expansion with third store
- $360m logistics investment to benefit Bangladesh
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)