US: Deckers taps Urban Outfitters’ Murray as EMEA chief
Deckers Outdoor Corporation has named Stephen Murray as president of Europe, Middle East and Africa, overseeing subsidiary and distributor businesses which include the Ugg Australia, Teva, Tsubo and Simple Shoes brands.
Murray begins his new role on 1 June, and joins the Deckers management team from Urban Outfitters where he has served as the global president since April 2010.
Prior to this he was the president of VF Action Sports Coalition, responsible for the Vans and Reef brands, and was the president of Vans from July 2004 to January 2009 prior to its acquisition by VF.
“We have been searching for the ideal candidate for this role for quite some time,” said Deckers chairman, president and CEO Angel Martinez.
“In Steve Murray we have found the unique combination of footwear and lifestyle brand building and global expertise that we need at a time when our international business is poised for growth unlike anything we’ve seen in the past.”
Outdoor clothing company Patagonia Inc has hired Dmitri Siegel from Urban Outfitters as the company's new vice president of global e-commerce....
Emu Australia and Deckers Outdoor have reached a settlement in their long-running battle over the use of the word 'Ugg'....
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- Under Armour defends questions over strategy
- Combating the new normal – 10 trends for 2016
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- China factory activity continues to deteriorate
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- H&M and Primark price rivalry reaches equilibrium
- PVH to take control of Tommy Hilfiger China unit
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024