US: Deckers taps Urban Outfitters’ Murray as EMEA chief
Deckers Outdoor Corporation has named Stephen Murray as president of Europe, Middle East and Africa, overseeing subsidiary and distributor businesses which include the Ugg Australia, Teva, Tsubo and Simple Shoes brands.
Murray begins his new role on 1 June, and joins the Deckers management team from Urban Outfitters where he has served as the global president since April 2010.
Prior to this he was the president of VF Action Sports Coalition, responsible for the Vans and Reef brands, and was the president of Vans from July 2004 to January 2009 prior to its acquisition by VF.
“We have been searching for the ideal candidate for this role for quite some time,” said Deckers chairman, president and CEO Angel Martinez.
“In Steve Murray we have found the unique combination of footwear and lifestyle brand building and global expertise that we need at a time when our international business is poised for growth unlike anything we’ve seen in the past.”
Outdoor clothing company Patagonia Inc has hired Dmitri Siegel from Urban Outfitters as the company's new vice president of global e-commerce....
Emu Australia and Deckers Outdoor have reached a settlement in their long-running battle over the use of the word 'Ugg'....
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- Bangladesh industry development moving backwards
- Teen retail being rocked by fast fashion headwinds
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Gap issues mirror widespread industry challenges
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- H&M "pushing the process" on sustainable fashion
- Adidas plans mobile phone hotline at all suppliers
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects
- Jeans in Italy