US: Deckers taps Urban Outfitters’ Murray as EMEA chief
Deckers Outdoor Corporation has named Stephen Murray as president of Europe, Middle East and Africa, overseeing subsidiary and distributor businesses which include the Ugg Australia, Teva, Tsubo and Simple Shoes brands.
Murray begins his new role on 1 June, and joins the Deckers management team from Urban Outfitters where he has served as the global president since April 2010.
Prior to this he was the president of VF Action Sports Coalition, responsible for the Vans and Reef brands, and was the president of Vans from July 2004 to January 2009 prior to its acquisition by VF.
“We have been searching for the ideal candidate for this role for quite some time,” said Deckers chairman, president and CEO Angel Martinez.
“In Steve Murray we have found the unique combination of footwear and lifestyle brand building and global expertise that we need at a time when our international business is poised for growth unlike anything we’ve seen in the past.”
Outdoor clothing company Patagonia Inc has hired Dmitri Siegel from Urban Outfitters as the company's new vice president of global e-commerce....
Emu Australia and Deckers Outdoor have reached a settlement in their long-running battle over the use of the word 'Ugg'....
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Kurt Cavano on “the Uberfication of everything”
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- Adidas files trademark suit against Forever 21
- H&M offers $1m grant for sustainable innovations
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019