US: Deckers to buy Sanuk footwear brand
US footwear firm Deckers Outdoor Corporation is to buy the action sport and footwear brand Sanuk in a deal worth US$120m.
The purchase includes Sanuk USA LLC and C&C Partners, the exclusive licensee for the Sanuk brand in the US, Europe and Canada, and is due to be completed by the beginning of the third quarter.
"Sanuk is an ideal addition to the Deckers family of brands. It's a profitable, well-run business with a corporate culture similar to ours, and provides substantial growth opportunities, particularly within the action sports market where it has a large and loyal customer base of active outdoor enthusiasts," said Deckers president, CEO and chairman of the board, Angel Martinez.
Sanuk's headquarters will remain in Orange County, California and senior executives will continue to manage the brand.
TradeCard Inc, the supply chain collaboration platform used by retailers, brands and manufacturers, is expanding in Asia with the addition of former Kurt Salmon consultant Cliff Entrekin to its busine...
Footwear business Deckers Outdoor Corporation raised its full-year guidance after third quarter profit rose 49%, driven by the continued strength of the Ugg brand....
Emu Australia and Deckers Outdoor have reached a settlement in their long-running battle over the use of the word 'Ugg'....
- New wage ladder lifts workers towards living wages
- New scenarios driving sustainability in textiles
- US retailers to face logistics issues into 2015
- Uzbekistan forces more adults into cotton harvest
- Cambodia employers and unions unhappy at wage rise
- Bangladesh worker dies as factory boiler ruptures
- Coats launches new services business in Vietnam
- Eight footwear factories lead on social compliance
- Global unions join forces on apparel wage poverty
- US firms eye Vietnam footwear growth ahead of TPP