GERMANY: Deichmann Group Increases Outsourcing To India
German shoe importer, The Deichmann Group, has announced that it is to increase its purchases from Indian shoe makers from two million pairs to five million pairs. The increased order, which will supply the groups 2,000 retail stores across Europe and the US, is thought to be around 1.20bn Rupees and will guarantee employment for more than 60,000 workers.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- World cotton price prospects lifted again