US: Delayed Topshop NY opening “set for April”
Speaking during New York Fashion Week, Arcadia boss Sir Philip Green denied that the store - originally due to open in autumn 2008 - had been put on hold because of the recession, but blamed construction and building permit problems.
According to local media reports, the 30,000 square foot store, located on Broadway and Broome in SoHo, will open on 2 April, with supermodel Kate Moss as guest of honour. Moss will also launch her latest collection for the retailer.
The New York store is believed to be part of a planned US expansion for Arcadia, which is eyeing further stores in cities including Los Angeles, Boston, Las Vegas and Miami.
However, a spokesperson for Topshop refused to reveal any details of the company's US plans when contacted by just-style.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
The Planet women's wear brand has a new brand director after hiring design veteran Jane Stott to reposition the label for a younger market....
Japan's cutting edge fashion show and marketing event, the Tokyo Girls Collection, has announced the UK's Topshop will be taking part for the first time this year in its shows this autumn....
Fashion company Arcadia Group is looking to take its Topshop chain to China after a successful US launch in New York, reported UK press....
Supermodel and Topshop designer Kate Moss is rumoured to be joining Sir Philip Green and music entrepreneur Simon Cowell in their new business arm....
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Primark challenges critics with cotton initiative
- Li & Fung dropped from Hang Seng Index
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- Vietnam apparel exports miss 2016 target
- Trump talks of tweaking NAFTA trade with Canada
- H&M leads Better Cotton league
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022