USA: dELiA*s And iTurf Complete Merger
dELiA*s (Nasdaq: DLIA) and iTurf (Nasdaq: TURF) today announced that they have completed their merger, forming the leading direct marketer to teens in terms of catalog and e-commerce sales, as well as online community membership. The combined company has been renamed dELiA*s Corp, and the stock will trade on Nasdaq under the ticker symbol "DLIA" beginning December 19. In the interim, the stock will trade under the symbol "DLIAD." The transaction will be accounted for as a purchase by dELiA*s of the minority interest in iTurf held by the public. Stephen Kahn, who served as chairman and CEO of both dELiA*s and iTurf and now serves in the same capacity at the new company, said: "The recombination of dELiA*s and iTurf creates a leading teen-oriented company with a focus on two core businesses - multi-channel retailing under the dELiA*s brand, and iTurf's online media businesses. We believe the merger enhances our focus on these core assets and positions us well for profitable growth in the future." Evan Guillemin will continue in his role as president, where he will oversee the dELiA*s-branded business. Dennis Goldstein, formerly CFO of iTurf, has been named CFO of dELiA*s Corp. Jim Cooper, formerly the CFO of dELiA*s Inc, has left the company to pursue other opportunities.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- North Face parka features synthetic spider silk
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack