USA: dELIA*S Appoints New Senior Vice President
Leading US multi-channel retailer of apparel and accessories for teenage girls and young women, dELiA*s Corp, has appointed a new senior vice president and general merchandise manager of retail.
The company today announced the appointment of Ira Goldspiel, who was recently senior vice president of merchandising and marketing for Liz Claiborne, where he was responsible for merchandising, planning, marketing and retail stores for Laundry by Shelli Segal.
He has also worked for A/X Armani Exchangeand served in various capacities at Old Navy, The Gap, Burdines and Macy's.
Andrea Weiss, president, said: "We are extremely pleased to have Ira join the dELiA*s team. His talents on both the merchandising and management fronts will be instrumental as we continue to focus on dELiA*s retail expansion. This remains an important growth driver for the company, and we are confident Ira's contributions will play a significant role in our success."
Mr Goldspiel replaces Patricia Waechter, who left the company to pursue other opportunities.
To view related research reports, please follow the links below:-
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
In this, her second report on Thailand's textile industry, Niki Tait looks at projects aimed at preparing Thai manufacturers for the global market and assesses the sector's post-quota future....
Textiles and clothing make up Thailand's largest manufacturing industry, with more than 4,500 factories employing over one million people. The sector accounts for approximately 20 per cent of total em...
Feet are going to be warm and cosy next winter. Fur, both real and synthetic, was all around at the latest GDS shoe fair in Germany, on the inside and outside of shoes as well as boots, writes Penny L...
Apparel giant Gap Inc says it will open two branches of its Banana Republic chain in Tokyo later this summer....
Colombia clothing chain Ensenada has opened two stores under the US giant Liz Claiborne's banner in the Colombian capital Bogota, and industrial centre Medellin. ...
US apparel giant Gap Inc has reported a slump in first-quarter income, after its namesake division saw poor sales of women's spring collections....
Fashion apparel and accessories company Liz Claiborne Inc has made a number of senior leadership appointments and organisational changes in line with its growth strategies....
Clothing and apparel company Liz Claiborne said first-quarter earnings grew 4 per cent after the company made better-than-predicted sales on its diversification strategy....
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Kohl's, L Brands
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022