USA: Delia's President Weiss Takes Extended Leave
The New York-based operator of 65 stores and catalogue business said Weiss plans to spend more time at home with her family and will retain her seat on the board and continue to advise on operational and strategic matters.
CEO Stephen Kahn said: "While we had originally expected Andrea would rejoin the company following a speedy recovery from surgery, at this time she has elected to take an extended leave, and will serve in an advisory role going forward.
We appreciate her many contributions to Delia’s over the course of the past eighteen months, and wish her the best in her continued recovery."
Earlier this week, Delia’s hired a top investment bank to explore a range of strategic options, including the retailer's possible sale.
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"