US: Dell’s Carty leaving Sears board
Sears Holdings Corp said Monday (2 April) that Donald Carty, vice chairman and chief financial officer of Dell Inc, has decided to step down from the Sears board in order to focus on his duties at Dell.
Carty will serve on the Sears board until its annual meeting in May but will not stand for re-election at that time. He's been a director of Sears since the merger of Sears, Roebuck and Kmart in 2005.
He was named to his most recent post at Dell in January.
"I want to thank Don for his service on the board and for his leadership, guidance and counsel," said Edward Lampert, chairman of Sears. "I especially appreciate the commercial judgment that Don contributed to our company."
By Arnold J Karr.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Harry Debes' first year as CEO of Lawson Software was dominated by the company's merger with Intentia International, in early 2006. Now, 15 months after the deal's completion, he tells just-style how ...
Casual Male Retail Group is expanding its brand portfolio with the launch of a new website and catalogue business selling top brand shoes for the big and tall man for the first time....
Apparel company Liz Claiborne Inc is to sell four brands to the US unit of global sourcing group Li & Fung Limited, as it attempts to shift its focus to smaller, more powerful labels and develop its o...
Collective Brands Inc has hired Douglas Treff as executive vice president and chief administrative officer for Collective Brands and its Payless ShoeSource unit....
The US Consumer Product Safety Commission has announced the voluntary recall of Basic Editions brand girls' clothing sets sold at Kmart stores between March and May this year....
Australian industrials company Wesfarmers has outlined plans for the Coles Group, which it bought last month, including a AUD5bn ($4.0bn) investment in the supermarket giant over the next five years....
Clothing and leather goods made in factories in some of the most dangerous areas of Iraq could be on sale in leading stores around the world by the end of this year....
Sears Holdings Corporation has posted second-quarter same-store sales declines for its Kmart and Sears stores, and narrowed its earnings estimate for the quarter....
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- US Q4 in brief – Chico's FAS, TJX Companies
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- $136m funding for Made in NY garment-making hub
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar