Delta Apparel buys Coast casual clothing brand
US clothing business Delta Apparel has acquired most of the assets of casual clothing brand Coast Apparel.
The company says it will look to rapidly expand Coast's footprint and grow its offerings to consumers. It also plans to immediately add more Coast retail doors and build consumer awareness through enhanced digital outreach, positioning Delta Apparel for faster e-commerce and direct-to-consumer growth.
"We are pleased to add Coast to our portfolio of lifestyle brands and are excited about its geographic versatility and growth potential across regional markets," says Robert Humphreys, Delta Apparel CEO.
"Our recent experience and success in nurturing and growing other young brands and start-up businesses, particularly Salt Life and Art Gun, have proven the benefits of early-stage investment in high-growth potential brands and business extensions."
The Coast Apparel brand offers a full line of traditional, sports-casual attire, headwear and accessories. It primarily markets direct-to-consumer through two retail stores, located in Greenville, South Carolina and Pawley's Island, South Carolina, and via its e-commerce site. It can also be found at independent retailers.
Delta Apparel and its subsidiaries MJ Soffe, Junkfood Clothing Company, Salt Life and Art Gun is an international design, marketing, manufacturing, and sourcing company specialising in lifestyle basic and branded activewear apparel, headwear and related accessories.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
US activewear maker Delta Apparel has sold its vintage-inspired, licensed-graphics tee business, Junkfood Clothing Company, to JMJD Ventures, for US$28m....
US activewear maker Delta Apparel has offered an optimistic outlook for the fiscal year, despite revealing a net loss in its first-quarter....
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Start-ups chosen to re-think fashion industry
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts