USA: Delta Apparel Makes First Quarter Progress
The first quarterly results posted by Delta Apparel Inc(AMEX: DLA)since it became an independent business at the end of June, showed on-target sales of $30.6 million, up 6.9 per cent from $28.7 million in the first fiscal quarter of last year. The company, a vertically integrated supplier of knit apparel, particularly T-shirts, also benefited from increased output at all of its factory facilities. The gross margin increased to $7.2 million, or 23.6 per cent of sales, compared to $3.7 million, or 12.9 per cent of sales, in the prior year quarter. Operating earnings were $4.6 million, up $2.8 million from $1.8 million in the first fiscal quarter of last year."Delta Apparel made considerable progress during the first quarter of fiscal 2001 in accomplishing its short term and long term business objectives," said president and CEO Robert W Humphreys. "Sales growth was on target, and we exceeded our gross profit expectations for the quarter. This performance was driven by a further improvement in our sales mix." "We also made progress on the manufacturing front with increased output at all of our facilities compared to the first quarter of last year. During the quarter, we started training sewing operators for our Mexico expansion and are now making first quality garments in our training center."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Is China losing its edge as a US apparel supplier?
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Start-ups chosen to re-think fashion industry
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report