USA: Delta Apparel Makes First Quarter Progress
The first quarterly results posted by Delta Apparel Inc(AMEX: DLA)since it became an independent business at the end of June, showed on-target sales of $30.6 million, up 6.9 per cent from $28.7 million in the first fiscal quarter of last year. The company, a vertically integrated supplier of knit apparel, particularly T-shirts, also benefited from increased output at all of its factory facilities. The gross margin increased to $7.2 million, or 23.6 per cent of sales, compared to $3.7 million, or 12.9 per cent of sales, in the prior year quarter. Operating earnings were $4.6 million, up $2.8 million from $1.8 million in the first fiscal quarter of last year."Delta Apparel made considerable progress during the first quarter of fiscal 2001 in accomplishing its short term and long term business objectives," said president and CEO Robert W Humphreys. "Sales growth was on target, and we exceeded our gross profit expectations for the quarter. This performance was driven by a further improvement in our sales mix." "We also made progress on the manufacturing front with increased output at all of our facilities compared to the first quarter of last year. During the quarter, we started training sewing operators for our Mexico expansion and are now making first quality garments in our training center."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective