US: Delta Apparel “on track” despite weak Q2
- Q2 net profit US$46,000, versus $13.6m loss
- Net sales up 1.2% to $106.8m
- CEO says company on track to meet FY guidance
Delta Apparel completed a weaker than expected second quarter, recording a tiny profit and boosting sales by only 1.2%.
The period ending 29 December was aided by solid growth in Delta Catalog, Junkfood, The Game and Art Gun, offset by continued softness in Soffe and lower selling prices for FunTees and Delta Catalog thanks to lower-priced cotton.
But company chairman and CEO Robert Humphreys, while admitting that the quarter had been weaker than expected, said Delta remained on track to meet its full-year guidance of sales increasing 3% to $500-510m and net income of $1.65-1.80 per diluted share.
“During the second quarter we completed several projects that are designed to reduce costs and leverage customer relationships,” he said.
“Obviously, the Soffe business offers one of our biggest challenges as well as one of our biggest opportunities.
“In this regard, we are addressing Soffe’s cost structure to bring it in line with that of our other business units.”
US clothing company Delta Apparel is to consolidate its US screen printing operations, closing its Soffe decoration facility at Wendell, North Carolina....
Apparel & Non-Apparel Manufacturing in the United States industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017...
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- VF Corp bullish for second-half growth
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies