US: Delta Apparel “on track” despite weak Q2
- Q2 net profit US$46,000, versus $13.6m loss
- Net sales up 1.2% to $106.8m
- CEO says company on track to meet FY guidance
Delta Apparel completed a weaker than expected second quarter, recording a tiny profit and boosting sales by only 1.2%.
The period ending 29 December was aided by solid growth in Delta Catalog, Junkfood, The Game and Art Gun, offset by continued softness in Soffe and lower selling prices for FunTees and Delta Catalog thanks to lower-priced cotton.
But company chairman and CEO Robert Humphreys, while admitting that the quarter had been weaker than expected, said Delta remained on track to meet its full-year guidance of sales increasing 3% to $500-510m and net income of $1.65-1.80 per diluted share.
“During the second quarter we completed several projects that are designed to reduce costs and leverage customer relationships,” he said.
“Obviously, the Soffe business offers one of our biggest challenges as well as one of our biggest opportunities.
“In this regard, we are addressing Soffe’s cost structure to bring it in line with that of our other business units.”
US clothing company Delta Apparel is to consolidate its US screen printing operations, closing its Soffe decoration facility at Wendell, North Carolina....
Apparel & Non-Apparel Manufacturing in the United States industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017...
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- India's labour law reforms edge a step closer
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- Retailers voice concerns on Scottish independence
- H&M goes green with Conscious Denim
- Under Armour "resonating strongly" with consumers
- TPP talks "make progress" but issues remain
- Adidas defends position despite investor unrest
- Ultrasonic execs disappear along with company cash
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details