US: Delta Apparel “on track” despite weak Q2
- Q2 net profit US$46,000, versus $13.6m loss
- Net sales up 1.2% to $106.8m
- CEO says company on track to meet FY guidance
Delta Apparel completed a weaker than expected second quarter, recording a tiny profit and boosting sales by only 1.2%.
The period ending 29 December was aided by solid growth in Delta Catalog, Junkfood, The Game and Art Gun, offset by continued softness in Soffe and lower selling prices for FunTees and Delta Catalog thanks to lower-priced cotton.
But company chairman and CEO Robert Humphreys, while admitting that the quarter had been weaker than expected, said Delta remained on track to meet its full-year guidance of sales increasing 3% to $500-510m and net income of $1.65-1.80 per diluted share.
“During the second quarter we completed several projects that are designed to reduce costs and leverage customer relationships,” he said.
“Obviously, the Soffe business offers one of our biggest challenges as well as one of our biggest opportunities.
“In this regard, we are addressing Soffe’s cost structure to bring it in line with that of our other business units.”
US clothing company Delta Apparel is to consolidate its US screen printing operations, closing its Soffe decoration facility at Wendell, North Carolina....
Apparel & Non-Apparel Manufacturing in the United States industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017...
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- Cambodia's future outsourcing prospects uncertain
- JC Penney emphasises new merchandising strategy
- Crystal Group nurtures its caring culture
- Hazardous chemical removal a key industry issue
- Vietnam proposes 15% rise to regional minimum wage
- Cambodia garment workers “dying on the job”
- Hong Kong's Li & Fung reports "solid" H1
- Avery Dennison forms JV with Ningbo Shenzhou
- Accord and Alliance discord over inspections
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey