USA: Delta Apparel Posts Sales Slip
Leading US-based T-shirt, golf shirt and tank top manufacturer, Delta Apparel Inc, on Thursday announced a 7.7 per cent fall in second quarter sales to $24.3 million from the year ago period. In a statement, the firm said the fall was the result of a 4.2 per cent decrease in unit volume and a 3.7 per cent drop in average selling prices from the prior year quarter, while sales for the first six months of fiscal year 2002 were $55.4m, down $1.7m, or 2.9 per cent, from the first six months of last year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar