USA: Delta Apparel Posts Sales Slip
Leading US-based T-shirt, golf shirt and tank top manufacturer, Delta Apparel Inc, on Thursday announced a 7.7 per cent fall in second quarter sales to $24.3 million from the year ago period. In a statement, the firm said the fall was the result of a 4.2 per cent decrease in unit volume and a 3.7 per cent drop in average selling prices from the prior year quarter, while sales for the first six months of fiscal year 2002 were $55.4m, down $1.7m, or 2.9 per cent, from the first six months of last year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack