USA: Delta Apparel Q1 Sales Climb 76%
Activewear maker Delta Apparel Inc on Friday reported a 76 per cent leap in first quarter sales, boosted by its acquisition of the MJ Soffe Co branded apparel business in October 2003.
For the three months ended 2 October, sales were $54.3 million the company said.
Operating income increased 185 per cent to $3.1 million for the quarter, from $1.1 million in the same period of the prior year.
Robert W Humphreys, president and CEO, said: "The Soffe business contributed $22.0 million in sales and $3.1 million in operating income during the first fiscal quarter of fiscal year 2005."
The Delta business reported sales of $33.4 million for the three months, an increase of $2.6 million, or 8.5 per cent, over last year. The Delta segment shipped product to approximately 26 per cent more customers during the quarter than in the prior year quarter.
Companies: Delta Apparel Inc
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Branded and private-label group Delta Apparel has reported more than doubled first-quarter earnings, helped by strong demand in the Soffe and Junkfood businesses....
Apparel group Delta Apparel Inc has acquired Liquid Blaino Designs Inc, which operates under the Junkfood Clothing brand, for $20 million....
Activewear company Delta Apparel Inc has posted better third-quarter earnings after prices rose for its core apparel styles....
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report