US: Delta Apparel swings to Q1 net loss
Delta experienced strong sales growth in its Salt Life business
US clothing company Delta Apparel has postponed confirming or updating its full-year guidance after moving to a net loss in its first-quarter.
Lower sales coupled with higher costs pushed Delta Apparel to a net loss of US$1.6m in the three months ended 28 December. This compared to earnings of $46,000 in the prior year period.
Net sales also dropped, falling 6.4% to $100m versus $106.8m last year. Continued strong sales growth in the firm's Salt Life and Art Gun businesses offset a decline at Soffe as well as lower sales in its Junkfood and The Game divisions.
"We have many reasons to be optimistic about our business, but we believe our optimism must be tempered by certain risks that are in the marketplace," said chairman and CEO Robert Humphreys.
"In recent weeks, speculation in commodities markets has caused cotton prices to rise significantly. It is still too soon to know if selling prices will reflect these higher raw material costs or what the potential impact on unit volumes may be."
As a result, the company said it expects to be in a better position when it reports its quarter results, to either confirm or update its guidance for the fiscal year ending 27 September.
US clothing business Delta Apparel is to consolidate fabric production for basic blank T-shirts to its Ceiba Textiles facility in Honduras....
Apparel & Non-Apparel Manufacturing in the United States industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017...
US clothing business Delta Apparel has blamed higher levels of promotions, unseasonable weather and a sluggish economy for swinging to a net loss during the second quarter....
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- Next H1: What the analysts say
- Abercrombie & Fitch to lose logos in fashion focus
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- TPP talks "make progress" but issues remain
- Bagir to invest in Ethiopia as H1 loss deepens
- US cotton production set to decline
- H&M goes green with Conscious Denim
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details