US: Delta Apparel to consolidate screen printing operations
US clothing company Delta Apparel is to consolidate its US screen printing operations, closing its Soffe decoration facility at Wendell, North Carolina.
The move, which will lead to 135 job losses, is part of the company’s continuing efficiency drive.
Delta will now consolidate its screen printing operations within Soffe’s facility at Fayetteville, North Carolina, beginning the process immediately and completing it in the first quarter of fiscal 2014.
The company expects the move to secure annual savings of US$1.5m, and to cost $1.5m, of which $400,000 will be incurred in fiscal 2013 and the rest in the first quarter of fiscal 2014.
“As our business becomes increasingly competitive, we can no longer justify the additional cost associated with operating two US decoration facilities,” said chairman and CEO Bob Humphreys.
“We believe this economic decision is in the best long-term interest of Delta Apparel and our shareholders.”
Campaign groups and unions are renewing calls for meaningful compensation for victims of the Tazreen Fashions factory fire - almost one year after the blaze killed at least 112 people....
Delta Apparel recorded a profit downturn in the company's transitional quarter, thanks to falling sales and a number of exceptional items....
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- Alliance brands "staying the course" in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- EU and US dispute China raw materials duties
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis