US: Delta Apparel to consolidate screen printing operations
US clothing company Delta Apparel is to consolidate its US screen printing operations, closing its Soffe decoration facility at Wendell, North Carolina.
The move, which will lead to 135 job losses, is part of the company’s continuing efficiency drive.
Delta will now consolidate its screen printing operations within Soffe’s facility at Fayetteville, North Carolina, beginning the process immediately and completing it in the first quarter of fiscal 2014.
The company expects the move to secure annual savings of US$1.5m, and to cost $1.5m, of which $400,000 will be incurred in fiscal 2013 and the rest in the first quarter of fiscal 2014.
“As our business becomes increasingly competitive, we can no longer justify the additional cost associated with operating two US decoration facilities,” said chairman and CEO Bob Humphreys.
“We believe this economic decision is in the best long-term interest of Delta Apparel and our shareholders.”
Campaign groups and unions are renewing calls for meaningful compensation for victims of the Tazreen Fashions factory fire - almost one year after the blaze killed at least 112 people....
Apparel & Non-Apparel Manufacturing in the United States industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017...
Delta Apparel recorded a profit downturn in the company's transitional quarter, thanks to falling sales and a number of exceptional items....
- Garment firms set sights on Vietnam amid TPP talks
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- Tesco takes second stab at US market with F&F
- Wage strike by Cambodia garment workers falls flat
- Gap to grow China sales to $1bn in three years
- H&M still committed to higher wages and Bangladesh
- Alliance inspections more than 50% complete
- Vietnam Q1 textile and garment exports surge 21.9%
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Jeans in Italy
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects