US: Delta Apparel to consolidate screen printing operations
US clothing company Delta Apparel is to consolidate its US screen printing operations, closing its Soffe decoration facility at Wendell, North Carolina.
The move, which will lead to 135 job losses, is part of the company’s continuing efficiency drive.
Delta will now consolidate its screen printing operations within Soffe’s facility at Fayetteville, North Carolina, beginning the process immediately and completing it in the first quarter of fiscal 2014.
The company expects the move to secure annual savings of US$1.5m, and to cost $1.5m, of which $400,000 will be incurred in fiscal 2013 and the rest in the first quarter of fiscal 2014.
“As our business becomes increasingly competitive, we can no longer justify the additional cost associated with operating two US decoration facilities,” said chairman and CEO Bob Humphreys.
“We believe this economic decision is in the best long-term interest of Delta Apparel and our shareholders.”
Campaign groups and unions are renewing calls for meaningful compensation for victims of the Tazreen Fashions factory fire - almost one year after the blaze killed at least 112 people....
Delta Apparel recorded a profit downturn in the company's transitional quarter, thanks to falling sales and a number of exceptional items....
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Euro decline weighs on Turkish clothing industry
- G-Star RAW pushes the boundaries of denim
- Will Amazon take over the US apparel market?
- US groups seek workable apparel provisions in TPP
- Metallised thread for "revolutionary" RFID tag
- Manufacturing in China falls to 15-month low
- VF Corp ups guidance on "strong" Q2
- Eliminating risk tops sustainability agenda
- Millennials "changing the game" for hosiery
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020