ISRAEL: Delta Galil fabric technology boosts performance
Global apparel supplier Delta Galil has introduced two new fabric technologies that give a long-lasting smooth touch and enhanced performance to man-made cellulosic materials.
Cellulose (wood pulp) fabrics are ideal for women's underwear and sleepwear, men's underwear and other garments worn next to our skin because of their soft and smooth touch and appearance, together with a pleasing drape and comfortable breathability.
The downside, however, is that the fabric has a tendency to pill, which means the softness and sheen are lost after just a few washes.
The first patent pending technology, which Tel Aviv based Delta Galil describes as "groundbreaking," is called "ReaLasting Softness and gives the fabrics anti-pill properties.
It has also combined these anti-pill features with moisture management properties in another new technology called RealCool Softness Pro. This offers enhanced performance for man-made fabrics used in a range of sporting activities by wicking away perspiration from the skin to the surface for evaporation, leaving the body cool, dry and more comfortable.
Delta produces panties and bras for women and girls, shapewear garments in cut and sew as well as seamless technology, women's nightwear, men's underwear, nightwear, leisurewear, T-shirts, and socks for retailers, brands and marketers in the US and Europe.
Apparel and lingerie maker Delta Galil has recorded soaring fourth-quarter and full-year profits, which the firm attributed to its investment in innovation....
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Smart sportswear faces mass production challenges
- Frank Henke discusses Adidas sustainability agenda
- Innovation and supply chain remain key for Nike
- “Unsafe” Bangladesh factory refuses to evacuate
- Cambodia labour abuse claims disputed
- Major Ethiopia textile build experiences delays
- Garment factory tool to improve communication
- RFID adoption among retailers near “tipping point”
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019