ISRAEL: Delta Galil fabric technology boosts performance
Global apparel supplier Delta Galil has introduced two new fabric technologies that give a long-lasting smooth touch and enhanced performance to man-made cellulosic materials.
Cellulose (wood pulp) fabrics are ideal for women's underwear and sleepwear, men's underwear and other garments worn next to our skin because of their soft and smooth touch and appearance, together with a pleasing drape and comfortable breathability.
The downside, however, is that the fabric has a tendency to pill, which means the softness and sheen are lost after just a few washes.
The first patent pending technology, which Tel Aviv based Delta Galil describes as "groundbreaking," is called "ReaLasting Softness and gives the fabrics anti-pill properties.
It has also combined these anti-pill features with moisture management properties in another new technology called RealCool Softness Pro. This offers enhanced performance for man-made fabrics used in a range of sporting activities by wicking away perspiration from the skin to the surface for evaporation, leaving the body cool, dry and more comfortable.
Delta produces panties and bras for women and girls, shapewear garments in cut and sew as well as seamless technology, women's nightwear, men's underwear, nightwear, leisurewear, T-shirts, and socks for retailers, brands and marketers in the US and Europe.
Apparel and lingerie maker Delta Galil has recorded soaring fourth-quarter and full-year profits, which the firm attributed to its investment in innovation....
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- Target hires Apple exec for global sourcing post
- New Tencel fibre based on cotton waste fabrics
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape