ISRAEL: Delta Galil fabric technology boosts performance
Global apparel supplier Delta Galil has introduced two new fabric technologies that give a long-lasting smooth touch and enhanced performance to man-made cellulosic materials.
Cellulose (wood pulp) fabrics are ideal for women's underwear and sleepwear, men's underwear and other garments worn next to our skin because of their soft and smooth touch and appearance, together with a pleasing drape and comfortable breathability.
The downside, however, is that the fabric has a tendency to pill, which means the softness and sheen are lost after just a few washes.
The first patent pending technology, which Tel Aviv based Delta Galil describes as "groundbreaking," is called "ReaLasting Softness and gives the fabrics anti-pill properties.
It has also combined these anti-pill features with moisture management properties in another new technology called RealCool Softness Pro. This offers enhanced performance for man-made fabrics used in a range of sporting activities by wicking away perspiration from the skin to the surface for evaporation, leaving the body cool, dry and more comfortable.
Delta produces panties and bras for women and girls, shapewear garments in cut and sew as well as seamless technology, women's nightwear, men's underwear, nightwear, leisurewear, T-shirts, and socks for retailers, brands and marketers in the US and Europe.
Apparel and lingerie maker Delta Galil has recorded soaring fourth-quarter and full-year profits, which the firm attributed to its investment in innovation....
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- C&A building brand loyalty through consistent fit
- US Q3 in brief: DSW, Chico's, Abercrombie & Fitch
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015