ISRAEL: Delta Galil fabric technology boosts performance
Global apparel supplier Delta Galil has introduced two new fabric technologies that give a long-lasting smooth touch and enhanced performance to man-made cellulosic materials.
Cellulose (wood pulp) fabrics are ideal for women's underwear and sleepwear, men's underwear and other garments worn next to our skin because of their soft and smooth touch and appearance, together with a pleasing drape and comfortable breathability.
The downside, however, is that the fabric has a tendency to pill, which means the softness and sheen are lost after just a few washes.
The first patent pending technology, which Tel Aviv based Delta Galil describes as "groundbreaking," is called "ReaLasting Softness and gives the fabrics anti-pill properties.
It has also combined these anti-pill features with moisture management properties in another new technology called RealCool Softness Pro. This offers enhanced performance for man-made fabrics used in a range of sporting activities by wicking away perspiration from the skin to the surface for evaporation, leaving the body cool, dry and more comfortable.
Delta produces panties and bras for women and girls, shapewear garments in cut and sew as well as seamless technology, women's nightwear, men's underwear, nightwear, leisurewear, T-shirts, and socks for retailers, brands and marketers in the US and Europe.
Apparel and lingerie maker Delta Galil has recorded soaring fourth-quarter and full-year profits, which the firm attributed to its investment in innovation....
- Overcapacity in China could reshape fibre markets
- What does supply chain mapping really mean?
- PVH ramps up corporate responsibility commitments
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- Cotton supply chain transparency an ongoing issue
- Nike and Crystal Group "doing well by doing good"
- US Q2 in brief - Chico's, Caleres, G-III Apparel
- Cambodia’s focus on garment production also a risk
- Nike and Under Armour top social currency chart
- C&A helps grow organic cotton production in China
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Trade and trade policy: the EU clothing import market and its ten largest supplying countries, 2016