ISRAEL: Delta Galil launches eco-friendly RealCool Cotton
Intimate apparel and underwear maker Delta Galil has improved its RealCool Cotton fabric technology so that it is now more eco-friendly.
The fabric, which was launched in 2005 and combines wicking properties with the breathable comfort of cotton, is now treated with anti-bacterial and odour-repelling agents that are said to reduce the carbon footprint of clothing throughout its lifecycle.
By preventing the growth of bacteria, RealCool Cotton clothing requires less laundering and lower wash temperatures - thus reducing CO2 emissions.
"Underwear and hosiery are typically laundered at higher temperatures," says Esti Maoz, chief marketing officer at Delta Galil.
"The new treatment introduced in RealCool Cotton will allow the consumer to use more moderate temperatures, and at the same time extend the life of the product - both helping to protect the environment."
As more and more fashion firms jump onto the eco bandwagon, with new initiatives to cut greenhouse gas emissions and use more recycled materials, just-style asks whether there is a real commitment to ...
Intimate apparel maker Delta Galil Industries Ltd has named Mr Zvika Shamir as CEO of its US upper market and Europe intimate apparel division and Mr Motti Fireman as vice president of human resources...
Over the past decade Taiwan’s textile industry has become renowned for its functional fibres and fabrics. But now it seems a new trend is emerging, with companies becoming more and more environmentall...
- Cotton supply chain transparency an ongoing issue
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- No simple way to be sustainable, says SAC CEO
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- What's 3D-printing doing for apparel and footwear?
- Li & Fung eyes supply chain speed in 3-year plan
- Nike and Crystal Group "doing well by doing good"
- Zara USA faces US$5m deceptive pricing lawsuit
- What does supply chain mapping really mean?
- EU clothing imports from China continue to plunge
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras