ISRAEL: Delta Galil launches eco-friendly RealCool Cotton
Intimate apparel and underwear maker Delta Galil has improved its RealCool Cotton fabric technology so that it is now more eco-friendly.
The fabric, which was launched in 2005 and combines wicking properties with the breathable comfort of cotton, is now treated with anti-bacterial and odour-repelling agents that are said to reduce the carbon footprint of clothing throughout its lifecycle.
By preventing the growth of bacteria, RealCool Cotton clothing requires less laundering and lower wash temperatures - thus reducing CO2 emissions.
"Underwear and hosiery are typically laundered at higher temperatures," says Esti Maoz, chief marketing officer at Delta Galil.
"The new treatment introduced in RealCool Cotton will allow the consumer to use more moderate temperatures, and at the same time extend the life of the product - both helping to protect the environment."
As more and more fashion firms jump onto the eco bandwagon, with new initiatives to cut greenhouse gas emissions and use more recycled materials, just-style asks whether there is a real commitment to ...
Intimate apparel maker Delta Galil Industries Ltd has named Mr Zvika Shamir as CEO of its US upper market and Europe intimate apparel division and Mr Motti Fireman as vice president of human resources...
Over the past decade Taiwan’s textile industry has become renowned for its functional fibres and fabrics. But now it seems a new trend is emerging, with companies becoming more and more environmentall...
- Why Inditex is "clear winner" in fast fashion
- Brexit blow to global apparel industry confidence
- Under Armour makes lifestyle push with new brand
- North Face has holistic view on harmful chemicals
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- Vietnam mulls wage freeze to boost competitiveness
- US Q2 in brief - Columbia Sportswear, Rocky Brands
- Ananta Group hits back at Bangladesh union claims
- Transparency index to expand to 100 brands
- Gap joins Better Cotton Initiative
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020