ISRAEL: Delta Galil launches eco-friendly RealCool Cotton
Intimate apparel and underwear maker Delta Galil has improved its RealCool Cotton fabric technology so that it is now more eco-friendly.
The fabric, which was launched in 2005 and combines wicking properties with the breathable comfort of cotton, is now treated with anti-bacterial and odour-repelling agents that are said to reduce the carbon footprint of clothing throughout its lifecycle.
By preventing the growth of bacteria, RealCool Cotton clothing requires less laundering and lower wash temperatures - thus reducing CO2 emissions.
"Underwear and hosiery are typically laundered at higher temperatures," says Esti Maoz, chief marketing officer at Delta Galil.
"The new treatment introduced in RealCool Cotton will allow the consumer to use more moderate temperatures, and at the same time extend the life of the product - both helping to protect the environment."
As more and more fashion firms jump onto the eco bandwagon, with new initiatives to cut greenhouse gas emissions and use more recycled materials, just-style asks whether there is a real commitment to ...
Intimate apparel maker Delta Galil Industries Ltd has named Mr Zvika Shamir as CEO of its US upper market and Europe intimate apparel division and Mr Motti Fireman as vice president of human resources...
Over the past decade Taiwan’s textile industry has become renowned for its functional fibres and fabrics. But now it seems a new trend is emerging, with companies becoming more and more environmentall...
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- C&A building brand loyalty through consistent fit
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015