ISRAEL: Delta Galil launches eco-friendly RealCool Cotton
Intimate apparel and underwear maker Delta Galil has improved its RealCool Cotton fabric technology so that it is now more eco-friendly.
The fabric, which was launched in 2005 and combines wicking properties with the breathable comfort of cotton, is now treated with anti-bacterial and odour-repelling agents that are said to reduce the carbon footprint of clothing throughout its lifecycle.
By preventing the growth of bacteria, RealCool Cotton clothing requires less laundering and lower wash temperatures - thus reducing CO2 emissions.
"Underwear and hosiery are typically laundered at higher temperatures," says Esti Maoz, chief marketing officer at Delta Galil.
"The new treatment introduced in RealCool Cotton will allow the consumer to use more moderate temperatures, and at the same time extend the life of the product - both helping to protect the environment."
As more and more fashion firms jump onto the eco bandwagon, with new initiatives to cut greenhouse gas emissions and use more recycled materials, just-style asks whether there is a real commitment to ...
Intimate apparel maker Delta Galil Industries Ltd has named Mr Zvika Shamir as CEO of its US upper market and Europe intimate apparel division and Mr Motti Fireman as vice president of human resources...
Over the past decade Taiwan’s textile industry has become renowned for its functional fibres and fabrics. But now it seems a new trend is emerging, with companies becoming more and more environmentall...
- Euro decline weighs on Turkish clothing industry
- Supply chain mapping using the Bitcoin blockchain
- Mexico makers see rise in exports and local demand
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Asian union development and the Western response
- UK retailers to answer over human trafficking
- LF Corp to streamline planning and sourcing
- New dye-sublimation printers for sportswear
- Clothing a top category for mass personalisation
- Exports of lower cotton content denim treble
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects