ISRAEL: Delta Galil Q4 profit up 5% in “milestone year”
- Q4 net income rises 5% to US$24.5m
- Q4 sales up 4% to $255.9m
- Company targets $1bn revenue in 2014
Apparel business Delta Galil is targeting US$1bn in revenues in 2014 after closing last year with a 5% rise in fourth quarter profit.
Gross profit margin moved up to 32.1% from 28.8% in the last quarter of 2012, closing a strong year in which the Israeli company posted a 19% revenue rise (9% on an organic basis) to $974.7m, with net profit up 30.5% to $44.1m.
Hailing 2013 as a “milestone year”, Delta Galil CEO Isaac Dabah said: “Our top-line growth in 2013 was broadly diversified, with particular increases in activewear, socks and seamless categories.
“We also experienced growth with key customers, increased our branded business, and prepared to enter a promising new channel for Delta Galil – wholesale clubs.”
Dabah highlighted an 84% sales increase in Germany as a result of the company’s acquisition of Schiesser, and predicted that 2014 would be the first year of $1bn-plus revenues.
Delta Galil is forecasting full-year sales of $1,035-1,065m, with net income of $49-54m.
Delta Galil-owned lingerie label Schiesser has signed a licensing deal to develop underwear, sleepwear and beachwear under the Marc O'Polo brand across Europe....
Most of the company’s aspirations are on a global scale. Within the domestic market, Delta Galil is focusing on categories with higher profit margins, such as childrenswear or sportswear....
The main trend in the hosiery category is the growing popularity of discounted socks and tights, sold in value-for-money chains or other outlets. Socks, representing the largest category, are sold in ...
During the review period the childrenswear category witnessed an increase in the presence of international and Israeli players, both new and established operators, offering a large variety of products...
The category saw an attempt to create a new concept in Israel in terms of online sales, where marketing is through video clips on the internet. The first pioneer was Bar Refaeli’s collection, with the...
In 2012 the apparel category posted consistent growth in volume terms as a result of the growing awareness of fashion trends and the accessibility of new brands. However, in value terms, growth slowed...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Women's and Girls' Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Women's and Girls' Dresses, Women's and Girls' Suits & Coats, Women's and G...
This report provides an update of business news in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corporate social responsibility (CSR); financial results; international trade policy...
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- Teen retail being rocked by fast fashion headwinds
- Bangladesh industry development moving backwards
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- Gap issues mirror widespread industry challenges
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- H&M "pushing the process" on sustainable fashion
- Adidas plans mobile phone hotline at all suppliers
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Jeans in Italy
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects