ISRAEL: Delta Galil Q4 profit up 5% in “milestone year”
- Q4 net income rises 5% to US$24.5m
- Q4 sales up 4% to $255.9m
- Company targets $1bn revenue in 2014
Apparel business Delta Galil is targeting US$1bn in revenues in 2014 after closing last year with a 5% rise in fourth quarter profit.
Gross profit margin moved up to 32.1% from 28.8% in the last quarter of 2012, closing a strong year in which the Israeli company posted a 19% revenue rise (9% on an organic basis) to $974.7m, with net profit up 30.5% to $44.1m.
Hailing 2013 as a “milestone year”, Delta Galil CEO Isaac Dabah said: “Our top-line growth in 2013 was broadly diversified, with particular increases in activewear, socks and seamless categories.
“We also experienced growth with key customers, increased our branded business, and prepared to enter a promising new channel for Delta Galil – wholesale clubs.”
Dabah highlighted an 84% sales increase in Germany as a result of the company’s acquisition of Schiesser, and predicted that 2014 would be the first year of $1bn-plus revenues.
Delta Galil is forecasting full-year sales of $1,035-1,065m, with net income of $49-54m.
US apparel business Perry Ellis International has entered into license agreements with distribution firm 33 Joints for men's footwear under the Farah Vintage and Farah Classic trademarks....
Canadean's "Delta Galil Industries Ltd. - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major produc...
US apparel business Perry Ellis International has entered into a licensing deal with Delta Galil Industries for the design and distribution of its Ben Hogan socks....
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- Five ways to tackle market and demand volatility
- Freeing up working capital in the supply chain
- Hungary offers a mix of strengths and weaknesses
- German sustainable textile scheme heads to Vietnam
- Uniqlo under fire again for China worker abuses
- Golden Lady creates a new man-made fibre
- 3D tool uses product data to shake up shopping
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Trade and Trade Policy: The World’s Leading Clothing Exporters and Key Markets 2015