ISRAEL: Delta Galil Q4 profit up 5% in “milestone year”
- Q4 net income rises 5% to US$24.5m
- Q4 sales up 4% to $255.9m
- Company targets $1bn revenue in 2014
Apparel business Delta Galil is targeting US$1bn in revenues in 2014 after closing last year with a 5% rise in fourth quarter profit.
Gross profit margin moved up to 32.1% from 28.8% in the last quarter of 2012, closing a strong year in which the Israeli company posted a 19% revenue rise (9% on an organic basis) to $974.7m, with net profit up 30.5% to $44.1m.
Hailing 2013 as a “milestone year”, Delta Galil CEO Isaac Dabah said: “Our top-line growth in 2013 was broadly diversified, with particular increases in activewear, socks and seamless categories.
“We also experienced growth with key customers, increased our branded business, and prepared to enter a promising new channel for Delta Galil – wholesale clubs.”
Dabah highlighted an 84% sales increase in Germany as a result of the company’s acquisition of Schiesser, and predicted that 2014 would be the first year of $1bn-plus revenues.
Delta Galil is forecasting full-year sales of $1,035-1,065m, with net income of $49-54m.
US apparel business Perry Ellis International has entered into license agreements with distribution firm 33 Joints for men's footwear under the Farah Vintage and Farah Classic trademarks....
Canadean's "Delta Galil Industries Ltd. - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major produc...
US apparel business Perry Ellis International has entered into a licensing deal with Delta Galil Industries for the design and distribution of its Ben Hogan socks....
This report provides an update of business news in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corporate social responsibility (CSR); financial results; international trade policy...
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Euro decline weighs on Turkish clothing industry
- G-Star RAW pushes the boundaries of denim
- Mexico makers see rise in exports and local demand
- Will Amazon take over the US apparel market?
- Metallised thread for "revolutionary" RFID tag
- UK retailers to answer over human trafficking
- Manufacturing in China falls to 15-month low
- LF Corp to streamline planning and sourcing
- Millennials "changing the game" for hosiery
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects