ISRAEL: Delta Galil Q4 profit up 5% in “milestone year”
- Q4 net income rises 5% to US$24.5m
- Q4 sales up 4% to $255.9m
- Company targets $1bn revenue in 2014
Apparel business Delta Galil is targeting US$1bn in revenues in 2014 after closing last year with a 5% rise in fourth quarter profit.
Gross profit margin moved up to 32.1% from 28.8% in the last quarter of 2012, closing a strong year in which the Israeli company posted a 19% revenue rise (9% on an organic basis) to $974.7m, with net profit up 30.5% to $44.1m.
Hailing 2013 as a “milestone year”, Delta Galil CEO Isaac Dabah said: “Our top-line growth in 2013 was broadly diversified, with particular increases in activewear, socks and seamless categories.
“We also experienced growth with key customers, increased our branded business, and prepared to enter a promising new channel for Delta Galil – wholesale clubs.”
Dabah highlighted an 84% sales increase in Germany as a result of the company’s acquisition of Schiesser, and predicted that 2014 would be the first year of $1bn-plus revenues.
Delta Galil is forecasting full-year sales of $1,035-1,065m, with net income of $49-54m.
US apparel business Perry Ellis International has entered into license agreements with distribution firm 33 Joints for men's footwear under the Farah Vintage and Farah Classic trademarks....
Canadean's "Delta Galil Industries Ltd. - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major produc...
US apparel business Perry Ellis International has entered into a licensing deal with Delta Galil Industries for the design and distribution of its Ben Hogan socks....
Most of the company’s aspirations are on a global scale. Within the domestic market, Delta Galil is focusing on categories with higher profit margins, such as childrenswear or sportswear....
The main trend in the hosiery category is the growing popularity of discounted socks and tights, sold in value-for-money chains or other outlets. Socks, representing the largest category, are sold in ...
During the review period the childrenswear category witnessed an increase in the presence of international and Israeli players, both new and established operators, offering a large variety of products...
The category saw an attempt to create a new concept in Israel in terms of online sales, where marketing is through video clips on the internet. The first pioneer was Bar Refaeli’s collection, with the...
In 2012 the apparel category posted consistent growth in volume terms as a result of the growing awareness of fashion trends and the accessibility of new brands. However, in value terms, growth slowed...
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Smart sportswear faces mass production challenges
- Frank Henke discusses Adidas sustainability agenda
- Innovation and supply chain remain key for Nike
- “Unsafe” Bangladesh factory refuses to evacuate
- Cambodia labour abuse claims disputed
- Major Ethiopia textile build experiences delays
- Garment factory tool to improve communication
- RFID adoption among retailers near “tipping point”
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields