ISRAEL: Delta Galil records second quarter income boost
Israel-based underwear manufacturer Delta Galil posted a second-quarter net income increase on the back of strong sales.
The company said today (9 August) that net income, before capital gains and one-time items, increased 9% to US$6.1m over the quarter ended 30 June. Sales increased 6% to $169.1m over the period.
The company's performance in the quarter reflected the strong business with our biggest customers, which drove solid top-line growth, especially in the US market," said CEO Isaac Dabah.
"In the second half of this year, we expect to benefit from our investment in Schiesser Group, an acquisition that we completed on 2 July 2012, which gives us an even greater presence in branded products and in new global markets."
The company said it has increased its full-year estimates, expecting net income to increase 20-26% to $33-34.5m on the previous year. It expects sales to rise 19-21% to $810-820m.
Delta Galil Industries is to be the exclusive licensee of Columbia Sportswear's global sock business beginning with the autumn 2013 season....
The most read stories on just-style this week include Delta Galil USA acquiring the LittleMissMatched brand, Sri Lankan apparel manufacturers facing continuing challenges, and Ethiopia's ongoing effor...
Delta Galil USA, a subsidiary of Israel-based apparel maker Delta Galil Industries Ltd, is to acquire the LittleMissMatched children's line as part of efforts to strengthen its branded portfolio....
- The current state of play in world garment exports
- Fung Capital helps PLM firm expand into Asia
- Africa courts clothing and textile investment
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- Adidas investigating Cambodia faintings
- Footwear “facing increased compliance challenges"
- Matalan defends its position on Bangladesh
- Arrests made at US REI/North Face protests
- North Face commits to 100% recycled polyester
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report