ISRAEL: Delta Galil records second quarter income boost
Israel-based underwear manufacturer Delta Galil posted a second-quarter net income increase on the back of strong sales.
The company said today (9 August) that net income, before capital gains and one-time items, increased 9% to US$6.1m over the quarter ended 30 June. Sales increased 6% to $169.1m over the period.
The company's performance in the quarter reflected the strong business with our biggest customers, which drove solid top-line growth, especially in the US market," said CEO Isaac Dabah.
"In the second half of this year, we expect to benefit from our investment in Schiesser Group, an acquisition that we completed on 2 July 2012, which gives us an even greater presence in branded products and in new global markets."
The company said it has increased its full-year estimates, expecting net income to increase 20-26% to $33-34.5m on the previous year. It expects sales to rise 19-21% to $810-820m.
Delta Galil Industries is to be the exclusive licensee of Columbia Sportswear's global sock business beginning with the autumn 2013 season....
The most read stories on just-style this week include Delta Galil USA acquiring the LittleMissMatched brand, Sri Lankan apparel manufacturers facing continuing challenges, and Ethiopia's ongoing effor...
Delta Galil USA, a subsidiary of Israel-based apparel maker Delta Galil Industries Ltd, is to acquire the LittleMissMatched children's line as part of efforts to strengthen its branded portfolio....
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- Next H1: What the analysts say
- US apparel retailers' August 2014 sales roundup
- Hanesbrands axes Costa Rican jobs in Vietnam move
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- Bagir to invest in Ethiopia as H1 loss deepens
- Apparel fuels global manufacturing downturn
- US cotton production set to decline
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details