ISRAEL: Delta Galil records second quarter income boost
Israel-based underwear manufacturer Delta Galil posted a second-quarter net income increase on the back of strong sales.
The company said today (9 August) that net income, before capital gains and one-time items, increased 9% to US$6.1m over the quarter ended 30 June. Sales increased 6% to $169.1m over the period.
The company's performance in the quarter reflected the strong business with our biggest customers, which drove solid top-line growth, especially in the US market," said CEO Isaac Dabah.
"In the second half of this year, we expect to benefit from our investment in Schiesser Group, an acquisition that we completed on 2 July 2012, which gives us an even greater presence in branded products and in new global markets."
The company said it has increased its full-year estimates, expecting net income to increase 20-26% to $33-34.5m on the previous year. It expects sales to rise 19-21% to $810-820m.
Delta Galil Industries is to be the exclusive licensee of Columbia Sportswear's global sock business beginning with the autumn 2013 season....
The most read stories on just-style this week include Delta Galil USA acquiring the LittleMissMatched brand, Sri Lankan apparel manufacturers facing continuing challenges, and Ethiopia's ongoing effor...
Delta Galil USA, a subsidiary of Israel-based apparel maker Delta Galil Industries Ltd, is to acquire the LittleMissMatched children's line as part of efforts to strengthen its branded portfolio....
- Euro decline weighs on Turkish clothing industry
- G-Star RAW pushes the boundaries of denim
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Mexico makers see rise in exports and local demand
- Asian union development and the Western response
- UK retailers to answer over human trafficking
- LF Corp to streamline planning and sourcing
- Eliminating risk tops sustainability agenda
- US upgrade paves way for Malaysia in TPP
- Euratex raises rules of origin issues in TPP talks
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects