ISRAEL: Delta Galil records second quarter income boost
Israel-based underwear manufacturer Delta Galil posted a second-quarter net income increase on the back of strong sales.
The company said today (9 August) that net income, before capital gains and one-time items, increased 9% to US$6.1m over the quarter ended 30 June. Sales increased 6% to $169.1m over the period.
The company's performance in the quarter reflected the strong business with our biggest customers, which drove solid top-line growth, especially in the US market," said CEO Isaac Dabah.
"In the second half of this year, we expect to benefit from our investment in Schiesser Group, an acquisition that we completed on 2 July 2012, which gives us an even greater presence in branded products and in new global markets."
The company said it has increased its full-year estimates, expecting net income to increase 20-26% to $33-34.5m on the previous year. It expects sales to rise 19-21% to $810-820m.
Delta Galil Industries is to be the exclusive licensee of Columbia Sportswear's global sock business beginning with the autumn 2013 season....
The most read stories on just-style this week include Delta Galil USA acquiring the LittleMissMatched brand, Sri Lankan apparel manufacturers facing continuing challenges, and Ethiopia's ongoing effor...
Delta Galil USA, a subsidiary of Israel-based apparel maker Delta Galil Industries Ltd, is to acquire the LittleMissMatched children's line as part of efforts to strengthen its branded portfolio....
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Change management key to PLM project success
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change