ISRAEL: Delta Galil sets goals for sustainable production
Intimate apparel specialist Delta Galil Industries Ltd has set goals for cutting the amount of water, energy and waste consumed by its factories around the world as part of the company's first Global Corporate Responsibility report.
The group, which is headquartered in Tel-Aviv, Israel, has also set its sights on basing 10% of its production on eco-friendly materials by 2012.
The firm says that currently, 7.2% of its production is based on sustainable materials.
The report also commits the company to a 10% reduction in water use, a 5% reduction in energy consumption, and a 5% growth in recycling rates by 2015.
Delta Galil, which makes underwear and socks, has operations in Egypt, Bulgaria, Thailand, the US, UK, Jordan, China and India. It also uses sub-contractors in China, Turkey, Bangladesh, Sri-Lanka, Indonesia and Vietnam.
According to its GRI report (Global Reporting Initiative) it is addressing sustainable issues throughout the product lifecycle, from raw materials to design, through the production processes to consumer use and eventual disposal.
It says its Ecolife brand, launched last year, was a direct result of research into apparel that would use less energy in washing and drying.
Made from 'Real Lasting Cotton' and a special treatment, the line can be washed in cold water and worn for longer.
Israeli intimate apparel firm Tefron has named Rebecca Zuber as its chief marketing officer for North America....
Seamless underwear and activewear maker Tefron has appointed Arnon Tiberg as the new chairman of its board of directors, replacing Jacob Gelbard who has served in the role since December 2007....
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- C&A building brand loyalty through consistent fit
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015