US: Delta Galil USA acquires LittleMissMatched brand
Delta Galil USA, a subsidiary of Israel-based apparel maker Delta Galil Industries Ltd, is to acquire the LittleMissMatched children's line as part of efforts to strengthen its branded portfolio.
Founded in 2003 as a line of non-matching socks sold in odd numbers, LittleMissMatched has evolved into a lifestyle brand that includes apparel, primarily socks, as well as accessories, bedding, home décor, furniture and cosmetics.
The privately-held company sells its products through its retail stores and online at its website, via wholesale channels in the US and internationally, and through an extensive network of licensees.
"LittleMissMatched is one of the most innovative kids brands in the industry and a great addition to our growing branded portfolio," Isaac Dabah, CEO of Delta Galil Industries, said today (10 December).
"It is a perfect complement to our existing branded sock business and further strengthens our leadership position in kids intimates.
"We see significant synergies and opportunities to build on the solid foundation of the business and will be investing in the development, expansion and marketing of the brand to grow the concept further into apparel and other categories."
Delta Galil currently has a licensing agreement with LittleMissMatched for a fashion-forward collection of girls' loungewear, sleepwear and intimates to mid-tier, clubs and specialty channels of distribution.
As part of the acquisition, the senior management team of LittleMissMatched will join Delta Galil USA.
Last month the Israeli firm booked a 29% jump in third-quarter net income to US$10m. Sales grew 27% to $234m, helped by its acquisition of the Schiesser lingerie group in July and strong performances in the North American mass and upper market channels.
Italian businessman Silvio Scaglia, the founder of telecoms operator Fastweb, has acquired struggling upmarket lingerie maker La Perla following an auction at a bankruptcy court in Bologna. ...
Israel-based apparel business Delta Galil has reported a 69% increase in first-quarter net profit, boosted by higher sales in all regions....
Clothing company Perry Ellis has entered into a licensing deal with apparel business Delta Galil USA to develop, produce and distribute Original Penguin men's underwear and loungewear....
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- UK reshoring hub hit by sweatshop claims
- New fibre and fabric innovations for outdoor wear
- COMMENT: Skills or new technology?
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- US West Coast port contract reached
- 30% of Adidas cotton from sustainable sources
- Activewear driving US apparel spend
- Benetton to embark on living wage roadmap
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide