US: Delta Galil USA acquires LittleMissMatched brand
Delta Galil USA, a subsidiary of Israel-based apparel maker Delta Galil Industries Ltd, is to acquire the LittleMissMatched children's line as part of efforts to strengthen its branded portfolio.
Founded in 2003 as a line of non-matching socks sold in odd numbers, LittleMissMatched has evolved into a lifestyle brand that includes apparel, primarily socks, as well as accessories, bedding, home décor, furniture and cosmetics.
The privately-held company sells its products through its retail stores and online at its website, via wholesale channels in the US and internationally, and through an extensive network of licensees.
"LittleMissMatched is one of the most innovative kids brands in the industry and a great addition to our growing branded portfolio," Isaac Dabah, CEO of Delta Galil Industries, said today (10 December).
"It is a perfect complement to our existing branded sock business and further strengthens our leadership position in kids intimates.
"We see significant synergies and opportunities to build on the solid foundation of the business and will be investing in the development, expansion and marketing of the brand to grow the concept further into apparel and other categories."
Delta Galil currently has a licensing agreement with LittleMissMatched for a fashion-forward collection of girls' loungewear, sleepwear and intimates to mid-tier, clubs and specialty channels of distribution.
As part of the acquisition, the senior management team of LittleMissMatched will join Delta Galil USA.
Last month the Israeli firm booked a 29% jump in third-quarter net income to US$10m. Sales grew 27% to $234m, helped by its acquisition of the Schiesser lingerie group in July and strong performances in the North American mass and upper market channels.
Italian businessman Silvio Scaglia, the founder of telecoms operator Fastweb, has acquired struggling upmarket lingerie maker La Perla following an auction at a bankruptcy court in Bologna. ...
Israel-based apparel business Delta Galil has reported a 69% increase in first-quarter net profit, boosted by higher sales in all regions....
Clothing company Perry Ellis has entered into a licensing deal with apparel business Delta Galil USA to develop, produce and distribute Original Penguin men's underwear and loungewear....
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- Kurt Cavano on “the Uberfication of everything”
- Gap bullish on China growth opportunities
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- Adidas files trademark suit against Forever 21
- China market woes could hit consumer spending
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019