USA: Delta Mills Nets Sales Shortfall
Textile giant Delta Mills Inc on Tuesday reported a sharp fall in second quarter net sales to $44.1 million compared to net sales of $59.7m for the year ago period.
In a statement, the company said net sales for the quarter ended December 29, 2001, fell by more than $15m compared to 2000 but that the figure of $44.1m represented a 19 per cent increase over net sales for the first quarter of fiscal 2002.
The firm, which employs around 1,800 people and operates six plants in North and South Carolina, added that for the six months ended December 29 it had net sales of $81.1m compared to net sales of $122.9m in the year prior.
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"