USA: Delta Woodside Suffers Heavy Losses
Delta Woodside Industries, Inc. (NYSE: news) reported net sales of $37.0m for the quarter ended September 29, 2001 compared to net sales of $63.2m for the quarter ended September 30, 2000. Excluding impairment and restructuring charges of $8.7m associated with closing the Furman Plant, as announced August 22, 2001, the Company's operating loss would have been $1.5m and the Company's net loss would have been $2.5m or $0.11 per common share. Including impairment and restructuring charges, the Company reported an operating loss of $10.2m and a net loss of $8.2m or $0.35 per common share. This compares to $6.3m operating profit and net income of $2.9m or $.12 per common share for the quarter ended September 30, 2000. The Company's net income for September 30, 2000 included an after tax extraordinary gain of $639,000 or $0.02 per common share.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- NRF 2017 – Technology key to shopper experience
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- Auditing "in need of reinvention" says new project
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022