USA: Delta Woodside Suffers Heavy Losses
Delta Woodside Industries, Inc. (NYSE: news) reported net sales of $37.0m for the quarter ended September 29, 2001 compared to net sales of $63.2m for the quarter ended September 30, 2000. Excluding impairment and restructuring charges of $8.7m associated with closing the Furman Plant, as announced August 22, 2001, the Company's operating loss would have been $1.5m and the Company's net loss would have been $2.5m or $0.11 per common share. Including impairment and restructuring charges, the Company reported an operating loss of $10.2m and a net loss of $8.2m or $0.35 per common share. This compares to $6.3m operating profit and net income of $2.9m or $.12 per common share for the quarter ended September 30, 2000. The Company's net income for September 30, 2000 included an after tax extraordinary gain of $639,000 or $0.02 per common share.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report