USA: Delta Woodside Suffers Heavy Losses
Delta Woodside Industries, Inc. (NYSE: news) reported net sales of $37.0m for the quarter ended September 29, 2001 compared to net sales of $63.2m for the quarter ended September 30, 2000. Excluding impairment and restructuring charges of $8.7m associated with closing the Furman Plant, as announced August 22, 2001, the Company's operating loss would have been $1.5m and the Company's net loss would have been $2.5m or $0.11 per common share. Including impairment and restructuring charges, the Company reported an operating loss of $10.2m and a net loss of $8.2m or $0.35 per common share. This compares to $6.3m operating profit and net income of $2.9m or $.12 per common share for the quarter ended September 30, 2000. The Company's net income for September 30, 2000 included an after tax extraordinary gain of $639,000 or $0.02 per common share.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack