USA: Delta Woodside Suffers Heavy Losses
Delta Woodside Industries, Inc. (NYSE: news) reported net sales of $37.0m for the quarter ended September 29, 2001 compared to net sales of $63.2m for the quarter ended September 30, 2000. Excluding impairment and restructuring charges of $8.7m associated with closing the Furman Plant, as announced August 22, 2001, the Company's operating loss would have been $1.5m and the Company's net loss would have been $2.5m or $0.11 per common share. Including impairment and restructuring charges, the Company reported an operating loss of $10.2m and a net loss of $8.2m or $0.35 per common share. This compares to $6.3m operating profit and net income of $2.9m or $.12 per common share for the quarter ended September 30, 2000. The Company's net income for September 30, 2000 included an after tax extraordinary gain of $639,000 or $0.02 per common share.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020