USA: Delta Woodside Swings To Q1 Loss On Weak Sales
The company posted a net loss of $3.1 million, or 53 cents per common share for the quarter ended September 27, compared to net income of $1.4m or 24 cents, in the year-ago period.
Net sales for the latest 13 week period fell 7.8 per cent to $42.6m from $46.2m last year while it posted an operating loss of $1.9m versus a year-ago operating profit of $3.1m.
President and CEO, WF Garrett, commented: "The order flow on our books did not happen as planned due to unexpectedly slow retail late in the first quarter.
"Slow retail continued early in the second quarter, but recently, retail has improved and inventories throughout the supply chain should be corrected."
Greenville-headquartered Delta Woodside employs around 1,600 people and operates five plants in South Carolina.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report