VIETNAM: Demand for branded clothes on the rise
Clothing sales in Vietnam are forecast to grow at nearly 15% year-on-year by the end of 2012, helped by soaring demand for better quality apparel and rising brand awareness, a new report says.
In its report 'Vietnam Retail Analysis (2008-2012),' research firm RNCOS says that while Vietnam's domestic garment market is largely export-oriented, local demand for branded clothing is on the rise.
Growth prospects for Vietnam's textile and garment manufacturing industry are also good, the report says, with a year-on-year rise of 9.95% forecast from 2007 to 2011.
The Planet women's wear brand has a new brand director after hiring design veteran Jane Stott to reposition the label for a younger market....
Luxury goods group PPR posted a 19% drop in first half profits to EUR281m (US$397m), ahead of the expectations of most analysts....
Shares in clothing retailer Bossini International Holdings surged by as much as 40% after the company's controlling shareholder said he was in talks to sell his stake....
Valentino Fashion Group is not commenting on reports it is under pressure from lenders to renegotiate its debt arrangements....
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020