INDONESIA: Demand For College Clothing Ups Ramayana
Seasonal demand from school and university students for new apparel and footwear helped boost sales at PT Ramayana Lestari Sentosa. The retailer yesterday reported a 26 per cent increase year-on-year in sales to Rp650 billion (US$65 million) in the third quarter of this year. In the first 9 months of this year, RALS' sales totalled Rp1.62 trillion, a 16 per cent rise from the same period last year. So far the company has met 55 per cent of its target for the whole of this year, and corporate Secretary Dwi Yanto said of management was confident that the sales target could be achieved.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands