INDONESIA: Demand For College Clothing Ups Ramayana
Seasonal demand from school and university students for new apparel and footwear helped boost sales at PT Ramayana Lestari Sentosa. The retailer yesterday reported a 26 per cent increase year-on-year in sales to Rp650 billion (US$65 million) in the third quarter of this year. In the first 9 months of this year, RALS' sales totalled Rp1.62 trillion, a 16 per cent rise from the same period last year. So far the company has met 55 per cent of its target for the whole of this year, and corporate Secretary Dwi Yanto said of management was confident that the sales target could be achieved.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- US Q4 in brief – VF Corp, Kate Spade, Rocky Brands
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar