JAPAN: Demand For European Wool Worsted Strong
The Japanese appetite for fine quality European wool and worsted products is on the increase. Latest trading figures released in Tokyo show that last year imports of wool worsted fabrics produced in the EU rose by 9.6 per cent on the previous year to a total of 10.6 million square metres. Biggest beneficiary of the rising demand was Italy, which increased the value of its worsted sales to Japan by l2.6 per cent with sales worth 10.5 billion yen. Woollen fabric sales also increased by 20 per cent with 2.2 million square metres sold during 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022