UK: Denim brand Lee Cooper to debut in Colombia
Lee Cooper intends to open a flagship store in Colombia
British denim brand Lee Cooper is to continue its expansion in South America by launching in Colombia, as part of an agreement with manufacturer Schontal CI Limitada.
Under the deal, Schontal will produce Lee Cooper clothing and footwear for men and women, with a view to offering further brand extensions once the label has become established in the market.
Schontal has extensive experience in manufacturing denim textile products and leisure footwear, as well as history trading in its own branded shoes in Colombia.
The business strategy for Lee Cooper will focus primarily on a wholesale model, with retail plans to include a Colombian flagship store towards the end of 2014.
"This is another step in our expansion across the Americas and we anticipate more announcements in due course," CEO Andy Dunkley said.
"We have now grown our global retail sales beyond $500m and we will continue this strong growth through 2014 and beyond."
This report provides an update of business news in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; company rebranding; company restructuring; corporate social responsibility (CSR); fi...
Childrenswear has yet to recover from the economic recession, with sales Increasing very slowly. Overall, volume sales Increased by 1% in 2012 while current value sales Increased by 2% to reach over R...
In spite of a general stabilisation in apparel and the eagerness of the public to start purchasing products again, clothing accessories ranked last in a list of what Romanians perceive as being essent...
In Romania, tests conducted by the DuPont corporation and the Consumer Protection Office demonstrated the false use and abuse of the Lycra trademark, which belongs to DuPont. Most cases of abuse regis...
Sportswear recovered in 2012 after two years of constant decline. In the past, it was not just the tough financial situation that affected the area but also the lack of interest in sports amongst Roma...
Brill Shoe Industries Ltd benefited from the recession, thanks to its acquisition of brands in difficulties, such as Lee Cooper, and making them profitable. The company’s first challenge is to fully i...
Romanian women continue to love clothes and shopping. However, they are Increasingly purchasing lower priced items during sales and discount periods. Most women in urban areas care about their overall...
Although jeans volume sales remained relatively stable during 2012, there was a surge in value sales of both men’s and women’s jeans. Economy jeans continued to dominate, accounting for 75% of value s...
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Change management key to PLM project success
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies