US: Denim brand NYDJ Apparel in ownership shuffle
US women's denim brand NYDJ Apparel has been acquired by private equity firms Crestview Partners and Maybrook Capital Partners from Falconhead Capital.
California-based NYDJ Apparel - which started out as Not Your Daughter's Jeans - primarily markets slimming jeans in more than 20 countries, including Europe, Canada, Brazil, Australia and New Zealand. It is said to be the top-selling women's denim brand in US department stores.
In recent years, NYDJ expanded domestically and internationally, launched shirts, blouses and other tops, and began to sell merchandise through its e-commerce website.
The sale of NYDJ is Falconhead's third company exit following the sale of Escort in October and sportswear business Competitor Group in December 2012.
However, terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Separately, Robert Skinner has been named as the new president and CEO of NYDJ. Prior to this, Skinner served as CEO of Smart Apparel US, and managing director of Smart Shirts Hong Kong. He has also held senior positions at Kellwood Company and Oxford Industries.
Mackey McDonald, senior advisor at Crestview Partners, and former chairman and CEO of VF Corporation, meanwhile, has been appointed chairman of NYDJ.
Oxford Industries, the owner of the Tommy Bahama brand, has moved to a loss in its third-quarter but offered a positive outlook for the remainder of the year despite the "difficult environment"....
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Children's Wear in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Boys Wear, Girls Wear, and Infants & Toddlers Wear. The report provides separate compre...
Abstract About Children’s and Infant Wear Children's wear refers to clothing for children aged between 0 months to 10 years. It includes apparel such as outerwear, underwear, nightwear, socks and t...
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Euro decline weighs on Turkish clothing industry
- G-Star RAW pushes the boundaries of denim
- Will Amazon take over the US apparel market?
- US groups seek workable apparel provisions in TPP
- Metallised thread for "revolutionary" RFID tag
- Manufacturing in China falls to 15-month low
- VF Corp ups guidance on "strong" Q2
- Under Armour secures Germany and Austria deals
- Millennials "changing the game" for hosiery
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020