Denim Days event focus on concepts for change
Amsterdam Denim days will take place from 13-18 April
A new conference concept will take place at this year's Amsterdam Denim Days event, looking at changes that need to take place in the jeans industry to make it more environmentally viable, socially responsible and financially sound by 2029.
The invite-only 'Kingpins 2029, The Transformers' seminar on 17 April will represent members of the denim community, with participating companies including Archroma, Dystar, Jeanologia, Invista, Lenzing, Prosperity Textile, and others.
A selection of Transformers along the denim supply chain will present their concepts for change in their specific areas of focus. The panel will end with conclusions and industry suggestions - all with input and interaction from an audience of denim professionals.
Other seminars will hear from top denim bloggers explaining how their coverage shapes readers' attitudes and opinions of denim. Additionally, Orta Anadolu and Garmon will explain its GreenScreen For Safer Chemicals method for chemical hazard assessment, designed to move society toward the use of greener and inherently safer chemicals.
The six-day Westergasfabriek Denim Days event from 13-18 April, also comprises a city centre programme of product launches, special offers, a festival and boutique denim sourcing show. It takes place from
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Outlook 2017 – Challenges and opportunities
- 22 dos and dont's – When sourcing goes wrong
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- Update - Bangladesh "business as usual"
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar