THAILAND: Department Group To Update Image
After four years of inactivity, Bangkok-based Robinson department store group will expand next year following the completion of $463m (Baht 19bn) in debt restructuring, the Bangkok Post reported today. The investment, expected to involve several hundred million baht, will be the largest since the mid-1997 economic crisis, which hit Thailand's third-largest department store chain badly. The expansion will primarily involve adding about 8,000 sq ms of retail space at four stores - Ratchadaphisek, Si Racha, Udon Thani and Rangsit.Renovations, but the company's Srinakarin and Fashion Island stores will also be given a new image.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- Bangladesh slips as US imports decline in October
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- World cotton price prospects lifted again
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores