THAILAND: Department Group To Update Image
After four years of inactivity, Bangkok-based Robinson department store group will expand next year following the completion of $463m (Baht 19bn) in debt restructuring, the Bangkok Post reported today. The investment, expected to involve several hundred million baht, will be the largest since the mid-1997 economic crisis, which hit Thailand's third-largest department store chain badly. The expansion will primarily involve adding about 8,000 sq ms of retail space at four stores - Ratchadaphisek, Si Racha, Udon Thani and Rangsit.Renovations, but the company's Srinakarin and Fashion Island stores will also be given a new image.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020