UK: Department Store Group Allders' Sales Growth Flat
Leading British department store chain Allders on Thursday blamed warmer weather and demanding figures from last year for flat sales growth over the autumn and winter periods.. Like-for-like sales in the 16 weeks to January 19 grew by just 0.3 per cent at the country's fourth largest department store chain, but climbed 1.7 per cent in the final six weeks.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth