USA: Designer Shoe Warehouse Eyes UK Market
US off-price retailer Value City plans to break into the UK market as soon as it has found suitable sites for its Designer Shoe Warehouse chain. The company, which operates 85 Designer Shoe Warehouse stores in the US and 120 department stores under the Value City name, has annual sales of more than $2bn. It is now thought to be locked in talks with electrical retailer Tempo, which called in the administrators two weeks ago leaving 37 high street stores vacant.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- World cotton price prospects lifted again