FRANCE: Designer YSL May Buy Back Atelier To Solve Dispute
Retired fashion designer Yves Saint Laurent and business partner Pierre Berge have offered to buy the YSL haute couture unit from Francois Pinault for a nominal one euro so its staff are guaranteed a redundancy package. YSL said in a statement that the pair are looking to buy back the atelier and work out an acceptable redundancy package for the workers, together with Pinault's holding company Artemis.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"