USA: Designs, Inc Reports July Retail Sales Increase Of 12 Per Cent
Designs, Inc (NASDAQ: DESI), operator of Levi's® and Dockers® Outlet by Designs stores, today announced that sales for the four weeks ended Saturday, July 29, 2000, increased to $16.5m, an increase of 12 per cent over sales of $14.8m in the corresponding period of the prior year. For the first six months of fiscal 2001 sales were $85m compared with sales of $82.7m last year. Comparable store sales, increased 4 per cent for the four weeks ended July 29, 2000, and decreased 1 percent for the first six months of fiscal 2001. Approximately 2 per cent of the company's 4 per cent comparable store increase is attributable to eight stores operating temporary warehouse outlets during the month. Comparable stores are retail locations that have been open at least 13 months. Designs, Inc. operates 106 Levi's®Outlet by Designs and Dockers®Outlet by Designs stores. These stores are located in outlet parks and malls throughout the eastern United States.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- Outlook 2017 – Challenges and opportunities
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022