USA: Designs, Inc Reports July Retail Sales Increase Of 12 Per Cent
Designs, Inc (NASDAQ: DESI), operator of Levi's® and Dockers® Outlet by Designs stores, today announced that sales for the four weeks ended Saturday, July 29, 2000, increased to $16.5m, an increase of 12 per cent over sales of $14.8m in the corresponding period of the prior year. For the first six months of fiscal 2001 sales were $85m compared with sales of $82.7m last year. Comparable store sales, increased 4 per cent for the four weeks ended July 29, 2000, and decreased 1 percent for the first six months of fiscal 2001. Approximately 2 per cent of the company's 4 per cent comparable store increase is attributable to eight stores operating temporary warehouse outlets during the month. Comparable stores are retail locations that have been open at least 13 months. Designs, Inc. operates 106 Levi's®Outlet by Designs and Dockers®Outlet by Designs stores. These stores are located in outlet parks and malls throughout the eastern United States.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"