SPAIN: Desigual improves markdown process with Pathfinder
Spanish based international fashion company Desigual has used Avery Dennison's new Pathfinder Ultra Platinum technology to help streamline its entire labelling process, from re-pricing garments sold in different countries to marking down sale items.
Desigual uses more than 300 Pathfinder devices with customised software across its 3,500 multi-brand stores, 100 Desigual-exclusive stores, and 250 corners within existing stores.
The tool includes a data terminal, scanner and portable printer, all running as a single application on Microsoft Windows CE.
Because it incorporates a wireless system, the labeler can be connected to the counter using the store's Wi-Fi system, and as garments are re-labelled, the price changes take place automatically.
Re-labelling can be done directly at the store shelves, and there is no need to close a store to start markdowns or work overtime to update data.
Desigual has also benefited from being able to apply new discounts to garments that are not selling well or draw attention to certain products during a sale.
Despite taking place against a gloomy economic backdrop, the IMB - World of Textile Processing trade show in Cologne last week certainly didn't disappoint when it came to new products and innovations....
A new mobile-merchandising solution that allows apparel retailers and brand owners to communicate with consumers as they shop, has been launched by Avery Dennison and Scanbuy Inc....
Technology firm Avery Dennison announced at the IMB Show that international shirt manufacturer Seidensticker, based in Bielefeld, Germany, has selected Avery Dennison radio frequency identification (R...
Brand identification specialist Avery Dennison will display its latest RFID, eco-friendly and printing solutions, including the new SNAP 700 multimedia printer, at the IMB technology trade show in Col...
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- Next H1: What the analysts say
- Abercrombie & Fitch to lose logos in fashion focus
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- Hanesbrands axes Costa Rican jobs in Vietnam move
- Bagir to invest in Ethiopia as H1 loss deepens
- TPP talks "make progress" but issues remain
- US cotton production set to decline
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details