US: Destination Maternity appoints Daniel president
Maternity apparel retailer Destination Apparel has appointed ex-Torrid executive Chris Daniel as the company’s new president, with effect from 1 June.
Daniel, who will report to company CEO Ed Krell, will be responsible for all merchandising, design, marketing, visual, sourcing and branding functions of the company.
He has more than 20 years of women’s apparel merchandising experience, including a seven-year stint at plus-sized retailer Torrid, where he was most recently president.
Daniel has also worked at Mervyn’s, Structure, Charming Shoppes and Dayton-
"Chris has significant experience leading women’s fashion apparel brands and has had great experience in serving a niche customer demographic in a speciality retailing environment through his Torrid leadership position," said Krell.
“Chris brings to Destination Maternity a great skill set as a customer-focused retail
executive with deep merchandising experience.”
Krell will now relinquish the position of president, which he had held on a temporary
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' September 2011 sales results. ...
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' August 2011 sales results....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' July 2011 sales results....
Plus-size women's wear retailer Charming Shoppes Inc is taking its brands global, launching online sales for its own Lane Bryant, Cacique, Catherines, Fashion Bug and Loop 18 brands, as well as more t...
Hot Topic Inc has hired Mark Mizicko as its senior vice president of planning and allocation, tasked with developing the youth fashion retailer's strategies in these areas....
Retailer Destination Maternity Corporation has opened of its first stores in South Korea as part of the ongoing international roll-out of its maternity wear lines....
Hot Topic has announced the appointment of two executives - Don Hendricks as chief information officer and Jeff Allison as senior vice president of planning and allocation....
Retailer Hot Topic posted a slightly reduced second-quarter net loss thanks to a marginal increase in sales and a 2.6% rise in comparable-store sales....
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack