US: Destination Maternity hires Fabricant as president
US maternity wear retailer Destination Maternity has hired Emilia Fabricant as its new president responsible for all merchandising, marketing, visual, sourcing and branding functions.
She joins the company from young women's fashion retailer Charlotte Russe where she most recently served as president and chief merchandising officer.
In 2001, she founded and served as CEO of Cadeau Maternity, a wholesaler and retailer of maternity clothes.
The hiring will also see the company's founder Rebecca Matthias relinquish the title of president, although she will continue to serve as chief creative officer until her upcoming retirement at the end of September.
"Emilia not only has significant experience leading women's fashion apparel brands, both in the moderate and luxury-priced markets, but she brings us the added bonus of having led a maternity apparel business and intimately knowing our mom-to-be customer," said CEO Ed Krell.
"She will be a critical ingredient in our efforts to continue to grow our business in a profitable manner and to improve our sales performance."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' October 2010 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available. ...
Maternity wear retailer Destination Maternity Corporation has tripled its fourth quarter profit, and says it expects strong earnings growth to continue in the year ahead....
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Is China losing its edge as a US apparel supplier?
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Start-ups chosen to re-think fashion industry
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report