US: Destination Maternity in apparel deal with Sears, Kmart
A year after ending a distribution deal with Sears, Destination Maternity Corporation is re-launching its Two Hearts Maternity collection at the department store retailer.
And as well as being the exclusive maternity apparel offered at over 500 Sears locations, the brand will also be available in 100 Kmart locations beginning in October.
The new deal comes after Destination Maternity (previously known as Mothers Work) agreed to close more than 500 maternity wear departments at Sears after the two companies failed to agree terms to renew the arrangement.
Until then, the Two Hearts Maternity wear was sold in Sears stores from April 2004 through June 2008.
Now the reintroduced brand will feature an "enhanced level of quality and design," to bring affordable maternity fashion to the Sears customer.
Included in the line-up are career and casual sportswear as well as dresses, lingerie, swimwear and nursing sleepwear, with most items priced under $30.
Ed Krell, CEO of Destination Maternity, said the multi-year arrangement "allows us to bring our knowledge as the maternity apparel fashion experts to a broader customer base, while providing us exclusive access to Sears shoppers and an opportunity to reach Kmart shoppers for the first time."
Craig Israel, SVP and president of Sears Apparel, added: "By providing trend-right merchandise that is well designed and adheres to our strict standards for quality - and coupling it with affordability - we can offer our female customer one more reason to remain loyal to our stores.
"Enhancing our maternity collections is a critical part of our overall plan to appeal to families."
Black Friday is upon retailers once more, and while a return to profitability is unlikely for many after a tough 2009, the one-day sales bonanza presents a last-ditch opportunity ahead of the holiday ...
The roll-out of high-speed broadband, a social networking frenzy and high-tech mobile devices have all served to bolster online fashion retailing in recent years. Joe Ayling lists some of the top deve...
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' November 2009 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
Retailer Sears' website at Sears.com is now offering international shipping to 90 countries worldwide for more than 300,000 of its products....
US general merchandise retailer Sears Holdings Corporation has posted a net loss for the third quarter, as sales were hit by fewer Kmart and Sears full-line stores and foreign currency effects....
Destination Maternity has reported a strong set of full year, out-performing its prior earnings guidance and turning around a weak 2008. However, as trading continues to be tough, the company re-estim...
John D Goodman, the former chief apparel and home officer for Kmart, is returning to Sears Holdings to lead the retailer's apparel and home efforts....
Apparel retailer Destination Maternity Corporation has announced that its president and chief creative officer, Rebecca Matthias, will retire on 30 September 2010....
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020