US: Destination Maternity Q1 sales slide, adjusts FY guidance
Destination Maternity has booked a drop in first-quarter sales and adjusted its full-year earnings guidance to the lower end of its previous forecast.
The US maternity retailer saw sales slip to US$134.8m in the three months to the end of December, coming in at the lower end of its guidance range. This was a 0.3% drop on $135.3m reported in the prior year period.
The company blamed a comparable sales increase of 0.7%, which was also below the lower end of its guidance for an increase of between 1% to 4%. Nonetheless, it was the firm's sixth consecutive quarter of comparable sales increases, it added.
"In the first quarter of fiscal 2014, our sales were slightly weaker than planned, reflecting the continued challenging overall economic environment which affected many retailers in the recent holiday shopping season," said CEO Ed Krell.
Sales were also affected by the company's continued efforts to close underperforming stores, it added.
Destination Maternity expects its first quarter fiscal 2014 earnings to be in the lower half of its prior earnings guidance range and to be "somewhat higher" than last year's first quarter earnings, which were up 70% to $3.8m.
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Women's and Girls' Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Women's and Girls' Dresses, Women's and Girls' Suits & Coats, Women's and G...
Destination Maternity has blamed adverse weather and challenging economic conditions for a 45.8% decline in second-quarter profit....
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- JC Penney emphasises new merchandising strategy
- Crystal Group nurtures its caring culture
- Hazardous chemical removal a key industry issue
- Who has signed up to the Greenpeace Detox Campaign
- Vietnam proposes 15% rise to regional minimum wage
- Cambodia garment workers “dying on the job”
- Avery Dennison forms JV with Ningbo Shenzhou
- Nike appointments to drive growth opportunities
- Critical findings identified at Bangladesh complex
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey