US: Destination XL cuts FY outlook as CFO departs
Destination XL Group has cut its full-year outlook after lower-than-expected December sales, and announced the departure of CFO and COO Dennis Hernreich.
Former Urban Outfitters CEO John Kyees has been appointed as interim CFO, while a search is underway for a permanent successor.
The company, formerly known as Casual Male Retail Group, said it expects to swing to a full-year net loss per share of between $0.11 and $0.13, compared to its earlier guidance of a $0.05 loss per share.
Sales are forecast to be US$388m, down on its previous guidance of $395m.
"In line with much of the retail industry, which faced challenges in the fourth quarter, particularly in the holiday selling season, our December sales results fell below our expectations," said president and CEO David Levin.
"During the key selling weeks between Black Friday and Christmas, store traffic was down approximately 4% from the prior year as a result of weather in some geographies, as well as continued sluggish consumer buying behaviour."
The decline in traffic, which was "disproportionately" impacted by the shorter holiday season, negatively affected fourth-quarter sales, Levin added.
This report provides information on the latest developments in: fabrics for performance apparel; flame resistant (FR) protective apparel; insulation products; protective apparel; sportswear; wearable ...
This report analyses some of the latest developments and innovations in the global textile and apparel industry...
Synopsis Canadean's "Destination XL Group, Inc - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major...
The Intimate Apparel market in the US comprises of intimate apparel for both men and women. Intimate apparel products include underwear, bra, panty, sleepwear, daywear, and shapewear....
- TPP: now the real fight starts
- Why TPP implementation is far from a done deal
- Private label sourcing faces range of pressures
- Cambodia leads US apparel import growth in August
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- Nike debuts new fabric for adaptive breathability
- New Bangladesh labour rules draw union criticism
- Cambodia sets new minimum wage at US$140
- Vietnam releases new textile dye regulations
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry