US: Destination XL cuts FY outlook as CFO departs
Destination XL Group has cut its full-year outlook after lower-than-expected December sales, and announced the departure of CFO and COO Dennis Hernreich.
Former Urban Outfitters CEO John Kyees has been appointed as interim CFO, while a search is underway for a permanent successor.
The company, formerly known as Casual Male Retail Group, said it expects to swing to a full-year net loss per share of between $0.11 and $0.13, compared to its earlier guidance of a $0.05 loss per share.
Sales are forecast to be US$388m, down on its previous guidance of $395m.
"In line with much of the retail industry, which faced challenges in the fourth quarter, particularly in the holiday selling season, our December sales results fell below our expectations," said president and CEO David Levin.
"During the key selling weeks between Black Friday and Christmas, store traffic was down approximately 4% from the prior year as a result of weather in some geographies, as well as continued sluggish consumer buying behaviour."
The decline in traffic, which was "disproportionately" impacted by the shorter holiday season, negatively affected fourth-quarter sales, Levin added.
Urban Outfitters, Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service o...
Synopsis Canadean's "Urban Outfitters, Inc. : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a ...
This report provides information on the latest developments in: fabrics for performance apparel; flame resistant (FR) protective apparel; insulation products; protective apparel; sportswear; wearable ...
This report analyses some of the latest developments and innovations in the global textile and apparel industry...
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- Hanesbrands invests $1.5m in US hosiery plant
- US takes final step to WTO TFA implementation
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024