US: Destination XL cuts FY outlook as CFO departs
Destination XL Group has cut its full-year outlook after lower-than-expected December sales, and announced the departure of CFO and COO Dennis Hernreich.
Former Urban Outfitters CEO John Kyees has been appointed as interim CFO, while a search is underway for a permanent successor.
The company, formerly known as Casual Male Retail Group, said it expects to swing to a full-year net loss per share of between $0.11 and $0.13, compared to its earlier guidance of a $0.05 loss per share.
Sales are forecast to be US$388m, down on its previous guidance of $395m.
"In line with much of the retail industry, which faced challenges in the fourth quarter, particularly in the holiday selling season, our December sales results fell below our expectations," said president and CEO David Levin.
"During the key selling weeks between Black Friday and Christmas, store traffic was down approximately 4% from the prior year as a result of weather in some geographies, as well as continued sluggish consumer buying behaviour."
The decline in traffic, which was "disproportionately" impacted by the shorter holiday season, negatively affected fourth-quarter sales, Levin added.
Urban Outfitters, Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service o...
Synopsis Canadean's "Urban Outfitters, Inc. : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a ...
This report provides information on the latest developments in: fabrics for performance apparel; flame resistant (FR) protective apparel; insulation products; protective apparel; sportswear; wearable ...
This report analyses some of the latest developments and innovations in the global textile and apparel industry...
- Supply chain mapping using the Bitcoin blockchain
- Mexico makers see rise in exports and local demand
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Euro decline weighs on Turkish clothing industry
- G-Star RAW pushes the boundaries of denim
- UK retailers to answer over human trafficking
- New dye-sublimation printers for sportswear
- Uniqlo owner highlights supplier factory progress
- LF Corp to streamline planning and sourcing
- Exports of lower cotton content denim treble
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019