GERMANY: Deutsche Woolworth Signs E-Sourcing Deal
German retailer Deutsche Woolworth GmbH & Co OHG has selected TradeStone's SteppingStones solution to source goods from around the world.
The agreement marks US-based TradeStone's entry into the European market and will help Deutsche Woolworth purchase global merchandise for its own stores and offer in a service bureau environment to retailers who buy through Woolworth.
As part of the deal, TradeStone and implementation partner IBM will tailor SteppingStones' functionality to meet the requirements of the European market.
The resulting solution will support Woolworth's global order management requirements with sourcing and order management collaboration across its supplier base.
This capability will be expanded to the company's customer base, who will be able to use the software to source goods from Woolworth, its suppliers and service providers.
"A major strategic initiative at Deutsch Woolworth is to expand our global sourcing
operation to offer price-effective goods to consumer and corporate customers," said
Heinrich Richter, head of the purchasing department at Deutsche Woolworth."
Deutsche Woolworth operates more than 330 outlets in Germany and Austria. 44 per cent of goods offered are textiles; the rest being non-food and drugstore goods.
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack