FRANCE: Devanlay chooses PLM to boost product development
French textiles major Devanlay, the exclusive worldwide licensee for the Lacoste clothing and accessories brand, has invested in Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software to help improve its overall efficiency and boost global product development.
FlexPLM from PTC, The Product Development Company, will be a key component in Devanlay's new CRISTAL project.
CRISTAL, which stands for Collaborative Reach Information System for Tomorrow's Assortments Lifecycle, focuses on the collection creation process and overall product performance, including the reduction of product development times. It also aims to better align all up and downstream teams.
Devanlay, which operates 15 production sites worldwide, is seeking to "further enhance innovation in design while reinforcing the appeal, diversity and strength of its collections," according to group CFO and operations director Olivier Descamps.
Despite the financial storm clouds that have disrupted Europe's economy over the past few years, the continent's luxury apparel sector has proved remarkably resilient, with global demand for their pro...
This report includes new information on the latest developments in: cosmetotextiles; e-commerce technology; environmentally friendly apparel, fibres, and finishing treatments; fabrics for performance ...
Fast fashion retailer Tally Weijl has selected Centric Software for its product lifecycle management (PLM) system to manage the entire product development and sourcing process for all of its apparel, ...
NGC Software is extending its PLM and ERP software to fashion sales representatives through a strategic relationship with Threadvine Apparel & Footwear Solutions....
Japanese fashion retailer Baroque has implemented the Lectra Fashion PLM system to help streamline development and communication for its Moussy brand - and is planning to extend the rollout to its Sly...
Gerber Technology has set up a new business unit to emphasise its integrated software solutions for product design, development and sourcing for the retail, footwear, apparel and accessories industrie...
The CEO of French fashion brand Lacoste has described the 25% increase in turnover posted by the company in the first half of the year as "doubtless the best growth rate in the market."...
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Change management key to PLM project success
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies