FRANCE: Devanlay chooses PLM to boost product development
French textiles major Devanlay, the exclusive worldwide licensee for the Lacoste clothing and accessories brand, has invested in Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software to help improve its overall efficiency and boost global product development.
FlexPLM from PTC, The Product Development Company, will be a key component in Devanlay's new CRISTAL project.
CRISTAL, which stands for Collaborative Reach Information System for Tomorrow's Assortments Lifecycle, focuses on the collection creation process and overall product performance, including the reduction of product development times. It also aims to better align all up and downstream teams.
Devanlay, which operates 15 production sites worldwide, is seeking to "further enhance innovation in design while reinforcing the appeal, diversity and strength of its collections," according to group CFO and operations director Olivier Descamps.
Despite the financial storm clouds that have disrupted Europe's economy over the past few years, the continent's luxury apparel sector has proved remarkably resilient, with global demand for their pro...
Fast fashion retailer Tally Weijl has selected Centric Software for its product lifecycle management (PLM) system to manage the entire product development and sourcing process for all of its apparel, ...
NGC Software is extending its PLM and ERP software to fashion sales representatives through a strategic relationship with Threadvine Apparel & Footwear Solutions....
Japanese fashion retailer Baroque has implemented the Lectra Fashion PLM system to help streamline development and communication for its Moussy brand - and is planning to extend the rollout to its Sly...
Gerber Technology has set up a new business unit to emphasise its integrated software solutions for product design, development and sourcing for the retail, footwear, apparel and accessories industrie...
The CEO of French fashion brand Lacoste has described the 25% increase in turnover posted by the company in the first half of the year as "doubtless the best growth rate in the market."...
Luxury fashion firm Ports 1961 is to implement the full product lifecycle management (PLM) system from Centric Software to help manage its apparel collections and support future growth....
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- Nicaragua apparel and shoe firms to double in size
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- H&M scaling up living wage effort to key suppliers
- US Q2 in brief: G-III, Shoe Carnival, J Crew
- Myanmar approves first minimum wage
- EU clothing buyers should brace for higher prices
- PVH “well-positioned” in China despite headwinds
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020