UK: DHL goes green with fashion deliveries
Logistics provider DHL has commissioned the world's largest high performance electric vehicle to handle deliveries to fashion retailers in the UK.
The first zero carbon emission truck to be used by the express distribution giant, and built almost entirely of recyclable materials, it will be used by DHL UK's Department Stores and Fashion division.
The truck, which will be officially unveiled this month, has a gross vehicle weight (GVW) of 9 tonnes.
With fast acceleration, a top speed of 50mph and the ability to cover over 100 miles on a single battery charge, it is said to be ideally suited to operating the short-distance routes between DHL's consolidation centre operations and retail outlets.
By Stuart Todd.
The news that private equity firms are to buy majority stakes in both the Limited Stores and Express retail chains is just the latest example of the growing presence of private equity in the global ap...
Women's specialty retailer Chico's FAS has appointed its president and CEO Scott A Edmonds to the additional post of chairman of the board....
Limited Brands has reported earnings per share for the second quarter of US$0.67 compared to $0.28 last year, as it made gains from offloaded apparel brands....
Music-driven fashion firm Lyric Jeans has entered into a licensing agreement with FremantleMedia, co-producer and licensor for US singing contest American Idol....
Michael Weiss has been named as chief executive officer of Express, the casual clothing chain that Limited Brands sold yesterday (9 July) to private equity firm Golden Gate Capital....
Limited Brands Inc has found a buyer for a majority stake in its flagship apparel chain - completing a shake-up that will allow it to focus on its intimate apparel and personal care and beauty segment...
The Star Garment group has bought a German-owned factory that had been lined up for liquidation....
Some of India's textile industry is being held back by below par power supplies, according to local press....
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Apparel brands "ignoring" refugee abuse in Turkey
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report