US: Dick's Sporting Goods lifts earnings guidance
US retailer Dick's Sporting Goods has raised its full-year and fourth quarter earnings and sales guidance, after better-than-expected same store sales.
During the fourth quarter, same store sales increased by around 6%, up on earlier guidance of a 3-4% increase, and a 1.2% rise in the same period of the prior year.
"Even with the cautious consumer environment and a shorter and promotional holiday season, we generated sales well above our original expectations, maintained merchandise margin levels consistent with last year and leveraged SG&A," said chairman and CEO Edward Stack.
"We enter 2014 with a robust and growing omni-channel network and exciting merchandising opportunities, which we believe will translate into double-digit earnings growth."
Dick's Sporting Goods now expects fourth-quarter earnings per share to be $1.10 to $1.11, compared to its earlier guidance of $1.04-1.07, and up on last year's $1.03.
For the full year, adjusted earnings per share are expected to be in the range of $2.68 and $2.69, up on its previous guidance of $2.62-2.65.
Same store sales are forecast to increase 1.9%, compared to its earlier expectations of flat to a 1% increase.
US retailer Dick's Sporting Goods has recorded earnings in its first-quarter that came in below its expectations due to weakness in its golf and hunting divisions....
This report analyses some of the latest developments and innovations in the global textile and clothing industry, including: anti-counterfeiting tools; antimicrobial sewing thread; apparel sizing and ...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Footwear in US$ Million and Million Pairs by the following Product Categories/Segments: Athletic Footwear (Aerobic, Baseball, Basketball, Cricket, Cross-...
- Slow fashion: a fast-growing opportunity?
- Rethink needed as low-cost labour options dwindle
- African apparel sector needs cooperation to thrive
- New wage ladder lifts workers towards living wages
- US retailers to face logistics issues into 2015
- Tazreen Fashions compensation agreement outlined
- Gap unveils management changes as Q3 profit rises
- Long-running SL Garment dispute settled
- Puma commits to 100% PFC removal
- US apparel prices continue to fall