US: Dick's Sporting Goods Q4 earnings top expectations
- Q4 earnings grow 6.9%
- Net sales up 7.9%
US retailer Dick's Sporting Goods has revealed an increase in earnings and sales in its fourth-quarter, which the company said topped expectations.
In the three months ended 2 February, consolidation net income amounted to US$138.6m, or $1.11 per diluted share, a 6.9% increase on earnings of $129.7m in the year ago period. This beat company guidance of $1.04 to 1.07 per diluted share.
Net sales increased 7.9% to $1.9bn. Consolidated same store sales were up 7.3%, which topped previous guidance of a 3 to 4% increase.
CEO Edward Stack offered an optimistic outlook for the year ahead: "As we look to 2014, we believe our robust and growing omni-channel network and exciting merchandising opportunities will support double-digit growth in earnings."
For fiscal 2014, the company is forecasting consolidated earnings per diluted share of around $3.03 to $3.08. Consolidated same store sales are expected to increase around 3% to 4%.
US retailer Dick's Sporting Goods has booked a drop in second-quarter earnings as the restructuring of its golf business weighs on the business....
This report analyses some of the latest developments and innovations in the global textile and clothing industry, including: anti-counterfeiting tools; antimicrobial sewing thread; apparel sizing and ...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Footwear in US$ Million and Million Pairs by the following Product Categories/Segments: Athletic Footwear (Aerobic, Baseball, Basketball, Cricket, Cross-...
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Responsible apparel sourcing requires teamwork
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- New JC Penney CEO “credible but no solution”
- UPDATE: A&F appoints Horowitz to head Hollister
- Fire and safety events to converge on Bangladesh
- US textile innovation hub could expand re-shoring
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020