US: Dick's Sporting Goods Q4 earnings top expectations
- Q4 earnings grow 6.9%
- Net sales up 7.9%
US retailer Dick's Sporting Goods has revealed an increase in earnings and sales in its fourth-quarter, which the company said topped expectations.
In the three months ended 2 February, consolidation net income amounted to US$138.6m, or $1.11 per diluted share, a 6.9% increase on earnings of $129.7m in the year ago period. This beat company guidance of $1.04 to 1.07 per diluted share.
Net sales increased 7.9% to $1.9bn. Consolidated same store sales were up 7.3%, which topped previous guidance of a 3 to 4% increase.
CEO Edward Stack offered an optimistic outlook for the year ahead: "As we look to 2014, we believe our robust and growing omni-channel network and exciting merchandising opportunities will support double-digit growth in earnings."
For fiscal 2014, the company is forecasting consolidated earnings per diluted share of around $3.03 to $3.08. Consolidated same store sales are expected to increase around 3% to 4%.
US retailer Dick's Sporting Goods has reported third-quarter earnings at the higher end of its guidance, but continues pressures in golf and hunting hurt comparable sales....
This report analyses some of the latest developments and innovations in the global textile and clothing industry, including: anti-counterfeiting tools; antimicrobial sewing thread; apparel sizing and ...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Footwear in US$ Million and Million Pairs by the following Product Categories/Segments: Athletic Footwear (Aerobic, Baseball, Basketball, Cricket, Cross-...
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Outlook 2015: Challenges and opportunities
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- Adidas sells Rockport for $280m to focus on sports
- Adidas and Timberland commit to responsible down
- Hanesbrands invests $1.5m in US hosiery plant
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024