US: Dick's Sporting Goods Q4 earnings top expectations
- Q4 earnings grow 6.9%
- Net sales up 7.9%
US retailer Dick's Sporting Goods has revealed an increase in earnings and sales in its fourth-quarter, which the company said topped expectations.
In the three months ended 2 February, consolidation net income amounted to US$138.6m, or $1.11 per diluted share, a 6.9% increase on earnings of $129.7m in the year ago period. This beat company guidance of $1.04 to 1.07 per diluted share.
Net sales increased 7.9% to $1.9bn. Consolidated same store sales were up 7.3%, which topped previous guidance of a 3 to 4% increase.
CEO Edward Stack offered an optimistic outlook for the year ahead: "As we look to 2014, we believe our robust and growing omni-channel network and exciting merchandising opportunities will support double-digit growth in earnings."
For fiscal 2014, the company is forecasting consolidated earnings per diluted share of around $3.03 to $3.08. Consolidated same store sales are expected to increase around 3% to 4%.
US retailer Dick's Sporting Goods said the continued growth of its omni-channel network helped grow earnings and sales in the fourth quarter....
Dick's Sporting Goods CFO Andre Hawaux has taken on the additional role of chief operating officer....
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- Private label sourcing faces range of pressures
- What clothing could the TPP X-basket contain?
- The Flanarant: TPP – now the real fight starts
- Patagonia's CSR commitments re-shaping the sector
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- H&M falling behind on Bangladesh factory safety?
- New CEO may focus on Ralph Lauren supply chain
- Nike collaborates on low-impact textile challenge
- Unions agree proposed Cambodia minimum wage
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020