US: Dick's Sporting Goods Q4 earnings top expectations
- Q4 earnings grow 6.9%
- Net sales up 7.9%
US retailer Dick's Sporting Goods has revealed an increase in earnings and sales in its fourth-quarter, which the company said topped expectations.
In the three months ended 2 February, consolidation net income amounted to US$138.6m, or $1.11 per diluted share, a 6.9% increase on earnings of $129.7m in the year ago period. This beat company guidance of $1.04 to 1.07 per diluted share.
Net sales increased 7.9% to $1.9bn. Consolidated same store sales were up 7.3%, which topped previous guidance of a 3 to 4% increase.
CEO Edward Stack offered an optimistic outlook for the year ahead: "As we look to 2014, we believe our robust and growing omni-channel network and exciting merchandising opportunities will support double-digit growth in earnings."
For fiscal 2014, the company is forecasting consolidated earnings per diluted share of around $3.03 to $3.08. Consolidated same store sales are expected to increase around 3% to 4%.
US retailer Dick's Sporting Goods said the continued growth of its omni-channel network helped grow earnings and sales in the fourth quarter....
This report analyses some of the latest developments and innovations in the global textile and clothing industry, including: anti-counterfeiting tools; antimicrobial sewing thread; apparel sizing and ...
Dick's Sporting Goods CFO Andre Hawaux has taken on the additional role of chief operating officer....
- Gap and H&M back Myanmar path to labour reform
- Levi Strauss raises the bar on sustainability
- Nike reaffirms US production commitment
- Can technology shape a sustainable fashion future?
- H&M faces margin pressure on dollar impact
- Talks progressing on Myanmar minimum wage
- Fast Retailing supplier continues strike talks
- Hugo Boss in talks over supplier labour claims
- Myanmar minimum wage set at US$3.2 per day
- Far Eastern to invest $323m in Vietnam textile hub
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: The EU - May 2015
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide