US: Dick's Sporting Goods ups view as Q3 profit jumps 21%
- Q3 net income surged 21% to $50.1m from $40.2m
- Net sales rose 11.2% to $1.3bn
- Consolidated same store sales up 5.1%
Retailer Dick's Sporting Goods Inc has raised its full-year earnings forecast after booking a 21% jump in third quarter profit.
The company, which claims to be the largest US-based full-line sporting goods retailer, lifted its full-year earnings per share outlook to $2.53 to $2.55, with same-store sales seen rising about 5%.
For the fourth quarter, it raised the lower end of earnings forecasts to a range of $1.03 to $1.05 on same-store sales growth of about 4%. This compares to earlier guidance of $1.01 to 1.05 per share.
"We generated record results in the third quarter, exceeding our original sales and earnings expectations," said chairman and CEO Edward Stack.
"By growing our store base, partnering with our brands, aggressively building out our omni-channel capabilities and executing our strategic marketing plan, we are driving continued profitable growth."
Same-store sales in the three months to 27 October rose 5.1%, with gains of 3.9% at Dick's Sporting Goods stores, 2.3% at Golf Galaxy and a 46.7% in the eCommerce business.
The company operates 511 Dick's Sporting Goods stores and 81 Golf Galaxy stores.
Sportswear retailer Dick's Sporting Goods has appointed Andre Hawaux as its chief financial officer and executive vice president of finance and administration....
Senior executives from across the apparel industry and its supply chain will be heading to Hong Kong later this month for the annual Prime Source Forum....
Retailer Dick's Sporting Goods today (11 March) posted a 16.8% increase in fourth-quarter profit, helped by rising sales in its online business - but admitted it lost out on sales of cold-weather clot...
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- C&A building brand loyalty through consistent fit
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015