US: Dick's Sporting Goods ups view as Q3 profit jumps 21%
- Q3 net income surged 21% to $50.1m from $40.2m
- Net sales rose 11.2% to $1.3bn
- Consolidated same store sales up 5.1%
Retailer Dick's Sporting Goods Inc has raised its full-year earnings forecast after booking a 21% jump in third quarter profit.
The company, which claims to be the largest US-based full-line sporting goods retailer, lifted its full-year earnings per share outlook to $2.53 to $2.55, with same-store sales seen rising about 5%.
For the fourth quarter, it raised the lower end of earnings forecasts to a range of $1.03 to $1.05 on same-store sales growth of about 4%. This compares to earlier guidance of $1.01 to 1.05 per share.
"We generated record results in the third quarter, exceeding our original sales and earnings expectations," said chairman and CEO Edward Stack.
"By growing our store base, partnering with our brands, aggressively building out our omni-channel capabilities and executing our strategic marketing plan, we are driving continued profitable growth."
Same-store sales in the three months to 27 October rose 5.1%, with gains of 3.9% at Dick's Sporting Goods stores, 2.3% at Golf Galaxy and a 46.7% in the eCommerce business.
The company operates 511 Dick's Sporting Goods stores and 81 Golf Galaxy stores.
Sportswear retailer Dick's Sporting Goods has appointed Andre Hawaux as its chief financial officer and executive vice president of finance and administration....
Senior executives from across the apparel industry and its supply chain will be heading to Hong Kong later this month for the annual Prime Source Forum....
Retailer Dick's Sporting Goods today (11 March) posted a 16.8% increase in fourth-quarter profit, helped by rising sales in its online business - but admitted it lost out on sales of cold-weather clot...
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- More licensing and less M&A for Global Brands
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Cambodia garment industry hit with fresh strikes
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report