ITALY: Diesel founder takes over Marni
Gianni and Consuelo Castiglioni with Diesel founder Renzo Rosso
Renzo Rosso, founder of the Diesel denim brand, has taken over Italian luxury fashion house Marni.
Rosso's holding company Only the Brave (OTB) will add Marni to its existing portfolio which includes Diesel, Maison Martin Margiela and Viktor & Rolf. OTB also licenses brands including Dsquared, Just Cavalli and Marc Jacobs Men.
However, financial details of the acquisition were not disclosed.
"Marni represents exactly the concept of fashion I would love to see associated with OTB. A style that's unique, recognisable, individual, fresh and modern. An international outlook," Rosso said.
While Gianni Castiglioni, co-head of Marni, added: "This is an extraordinary opportunity of further development for our company, whilst preserving the brand's identity and the entrepreneurial spirit of our family."
Founded in 1994 and based in Milan, Marni offers a complete line of ready-to-wear for men's and women's, accessories and kids, and has more than 100 stores in Asia, Europe and the United States.
Only the Brave reported group turnover of EUR1.38bn (US$1.82bn) in 2011.
The challenges and opportunities offered by modern technology in apparel product development will be the focus of a new event taking place next month - where speakers from PVH, Deckers Outdoor, VF Int...
Paris-based Children Worldwide Fashion Group (CWF) has selected Centric Software's product lifecycle management (PLM) system to help streamline its product development process....
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- Teijin launches polyester hook-and-loop fastener
- Target hires Apple exec for global sourcing post
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape