ITALY: Diesel founder takes over Marni
Gianni and Consuelo Castiglioni with Diesel founder Renzo Rosso
Renzo Rosso, founder of the Diesel denim brand, has taken over Italian luxury fashion house Marni.
Rosso's holding company Only the Brave (OTB) will add Marni to its existing portfolio which includes Diesel, Maison Martin Margiela and Viktor & Rolf. OTB also licenses brands including Dsquared, Just Cavalli and Marc Jacobs Men.
However, financial details of the acquisition were not disclosed.
"Marni represents exactly the concept of fashion I would love to see associated with OTB. A style that's unique, recognisable, individual, fresh and modern. An international outlook," Rosso said.
While Gianni Castiglioni, co-head of Marni, added: "This is an extraordinary opportunity of further development for our company, whilst preserving the brand's identity and the entrepreneurial spirit of our family."
Founded in 1994 and based in Milan, Marni offers a complete line of ready-to-wear for men's and women's, accessories and kids, and has more than 100 stores in Asia, Europe and the United States.
Only the Brave reported group turnover of EUR1.38bn (US$1.82bn) in 2011.
The challenges and opportunities offered by modern technology in apparel product development will be the focus of a new event taking place next month - where speakers from PVH, Deckers Outdoor, VF Int...
Paris-based Children Worldwide Fashion Group (CWF) has selected Centric Software's product lifecycle management (PLM) system to help streamline its product development process....
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Responsible apparel sourcing requires teamwork
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- New JC Penney CEO “credible but no solution”
- UPDATE: A&F appoints Horowitz to head Hollister
- Coats to open new zip factory in Bangladesh
- Fire and safety events to converge on Bangladesh
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam