ITALY: Diesel founder takes over Marni
Gianni and Consuelo Castiglioni with Diesel founder Renzo Rosso
Renzo Rosso, founder of the Diesel denim brand, has taken over Italian luxury fashion house Marni.
Rosso's holding company Only the Brave (OTB) will add Marni to its existing portfolio which includes Diesel, Maison Martin Margiela and Viktor & Rolf. OTB also licenses brands including Dsquared, Just Cavalli and Marc Jacobs Men.
However, financial details of the acquisition were not disclosed.
"Marni represents exactly the concept of fashion I would love to see associated with OTB. A style that's unique, recognisable, individual, fresh and modern. An international outlook," Rosso said.
While Gianni Castiglioni, co-head of Marni, added: "This is an extraordinary opportunity of further development for our company, whilst preserving the brand's identity and the entrepreneurial spirit of our family."
Founded in 1994 and based in Milan, Marni offers a complete line of ready-to-wear for men's and women's, accessories and kids, and has more than 100 stores in Asia, Europe and the United States.
Only the Brave reported group turnover of EUR1.38bn (US$1.82bn) in 2011.
The challenges and opportunities offered by modern technology in apparel product development will be the focus of a new event taking place next month - where speakers from PVH, Deckers Outdoor, VF Int...
Paris-based Children Worldwide Fashion Group (CWF) has selected Centric Software's product lifecycle management (PLM) system to help streamline its product development process....
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- C&A building brand loyalty through consistent fit
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015