ITALY: Diesel founder takes over Marni
Gianni and Consuelo Castiglioni with Diesel founder Renzo Rosso
Renzo Rosso, founder of the Diesel denim brand, has taken over Italian luxury fashion house Marni.
Rosso's holding company Only the Brave (OTB) will add Marni to its existing portfolio which includes Diesel, Maison Martin Margiela and Viktor & Rolf. OTB also licenses brands including Dsquared, Just Cavalli and Marc Jacobs Men.
However, financial details of the acquisition were not disclosed.
"Marni represents exactly the concept of fashion I would love to see associated with OTB. A style that's unique, recognisable, individual, fresh and modern. An international outlook," Rosso said.
While Gianni Castiglioni, co-head of Marni, added: "This is an extraordinary opportunity of further development for our company, whilst preserving the brand's identity and the entrepreneurial spirit of our family."
Founded in 1994 and based in Milan, Marni offers a complete line of ready-to-wear for men's and women's, accessories and kids, and has more than 100 stores in Asia, Europe and the United States.
Only the Brave reported group turnover of EUR1.38bn (US$1.82bn) in 2011.
The challenges and opportunities offered by modern technology in apparel product development will be the focus of a new event taking place next month - where speakers from PVH, Deckers Outdoor, VF Int...
Paris-based Children Worldwide Fashion Group (CWF) has selected Centric Software's product lifecycle management (PLM) system to help streamline its product development process....
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Big data helps Crystal Group sustainability gains
- Brexit and the apparel industry – what lies ahead?
- Brexit uncertainty over pending EU trade deals
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Delta Galil buys VF Corp premium brands for $120m
- Brexit to halt deflation in UK clothing sector
- Under Armour opens manufacturing innovation hub
- Nike faces domestic and future order headwinds
- Walmart's 'Made in USA' pledge misleading
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Denmark
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts