AUSTRIA: Difficult market impacts Lenzing FY profit
- FY net profit down 28% to EUR191.9m (US$246.9m)
- Sales down 2.3% to EUR2.09bn
- Good performance from Tencel fibre
Fibre business Lenzing Group saw reductions in full-year net profit and sales in a “difficult” market environment, despite a good performance from its Tencel speciality fibre.
“We performed quite well in 2012 despite a very difficult market environment,” said company CEO Peter Untersperger.
“Naturally, our operating margins were below those in the boom year 2011, but still at a good level.
“We fully utilised our new production capacities, and were sold out throughout the entire year.
“This success proves the long-term correctness of our growth strategy in our core business of manufacturing man-made cellulose fibres.”
Lenzing Group is putting the focus on blends of its Tencel fibre with cotton in a new marketing initiative for manufacturers and retailers....
Cellulosic fibre producer Lenzing Group has cut its full-year sales guidance, after reporting a 34.7% drop in first-half profit....
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- Cotton supply chain transparency an ongoing issue
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- No simple way to be sustainable, says SAC CEO
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- H&M takes action over Myanmar child labour breach
- Vietnam garment industry calls for strategy update
- US Q2 in brief - Sears, Burlington, Tilly's
- Zara USA faces US$5m deceptive pricing lawsuit
- Li & Fung eyes supply chain speed in 3-year plan
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory