AUSTRIA: Difficult market impacts Lenzing FY profit
- FY net profit down 28% to EUR191.9m (US$246.9m)
- Sales down 2.3% to EUR2.09bn
- Good performance from Tencel fibre
Fibre business Lenzing Group saw reductions in full-year net profit and sales in a “difficult” market environment, despite a good performance from its Tencel speciality fibre.
“We performed quite well in 2012 despite a very difficult market environment,” said company CEO Peter Untersperger.
“Naturally, our operating margins were below those in the boom year 2011, but still at a good level.
“We fully utilised our new production capacities, and were sold out throughout the entire year.
“This success proves the long-term correctness of our growth strategy in our core business of manufacturing man-made cellulose fibres.”
Lenzing Group is putting the focus on blends of its Tencel fibre with cotton in a new marketing initiative for manufacturers and retailers....
Cellulosic fibre producer Lenzing Group has cut its full-year sales guidance, after reporting a 34.7% drop in first-half profit....
- Under Armour on track with new UAS sportswear line
- Myanmar garment exports surged 20% in 2015
- EU trade ministers push on TTIP and Canada pacts
- Unravelling cotton's supply and demand challenges
- Low garment prices weigh on Cambodia worker wages
- US retailers urge action on Hanjin Shipping crisis
- Zara launches eco-friendly Join Life collection
- Brexit may hit suppliers with UK duty-free access
- Adidas unveils first Speedfactory running shoe
- Bangladesh calls for US duty-free apparel access
- Too Many Standards
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Ralph Lauren Corporation : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras