AUSTRIA: Difficult market impacts Lenzing FY profit
- FY net profit down 28% to EUR191.9m (US$246.9m)
- Sales down 2.3% to EUR2.09bn
- Good performance from Tencel fibre
Fibre business Lenzing Group saw reductions in full-year net profit and sales in a “difficult” market environment, despite a good performance from its Tencel speciality fibre.
“We performed quite well in 2012 despite a very difficult market environment,” said company CEO Peter Untersperger.
“Naturally, our operating margins were below those in the boom year 2011, but still at a good level.
“We fully utilised our new production capacities, and were sold out throughout the entire year.
“This success proves the long-term correctness of our growth strategy in our core business of manufacturing man-made cellulose fibres.”
The third edition examines, in depth, the strategies of the world's leading technical textiles companies, and analyses the major changes to the industry brought about by the ongoing financial crisis o...
Lenzing Group is putting the focus on blends of its Tencel fibre with cotton in a new marketing initiative for manufacturers and retailers....
This report provides a round-up of recent corporate developments in the global technical textile sector, including acquisitions, divestments and mergers, business news, financial results, investments ...
- 2014: Year in review - Sourcing winners and losers
- COMMENT: The decline of the buying office
- 2014: Year in review - Brand winners and losers
- 2014: Year in review - Retail winners and losers
- Bangladesh: The business benefits of compliance
- Report urges overhaul of Cambodia factory safety
- North Face debuts locally-grown "backyard" hoodie
- Apparel manufacturing leads US reshoring trend
- Triumph recalls 22,000 bras for underwire fault
- Shanghai Challenge buys stake in Masood Textile